COMPLAINT Re: CHESTER TRADING STANDARDS

ladybird17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the process of putting together a formal complaint about the way Chester Trading Standards fail to act on our behalf regarding MBNA complaints.

If anyone has had any dealings with EITHER their local Trading Standards or Chester Trading Standards re MBNA that they are not satisfied with, could you either post on this thread or PM me. Thanks!!

Great idea Ladybird...

I'll email you!

I take it, you need a copy of the correspondence received from TS?

There's certainly some naff replies or lack of interest regarding TS's involvement in resolving MBNA complaints, I'm sure you should get some good replies here.

Good luck with this.

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

I'll join in with this one, Ladybird. Referred my lack of response to a S78(1) request by MBNA to Cheshire TS in January 2007.

The reply said "...as the matters to which you refer relate to potential offences which appear to have been committed outside our area of jurisdiction I would advise that you contact your local authority Trading Standards in the first instance, who, after consideration, may then refer any issues to this department on a Home Authority basis..."

How a request to Chester under 78(1) was an offence "committed outside our area" Lord only knows. I referred it to my local TS who thought it serious enough to refer back to Cheshire and of course nothing happened. Unlike a similar complaint to Northamptonshire TS about Barclaycard, who got on the case right away and gave them a good kicking.

There seem to be many hundreds of people here who haven't had a proper response from MBNA so Cheshire TS must have got the message by now , or is there something going on that we don't know about?

In passing, the reply came from the quaintly named Manager of the "Safer & Stronger Communities Department" as TS in Cheshire now appears to be called!!

I know him well!!

Any chance of you scanning & posting a copy of the letter SS? - This is absolutely stereotypical evidence of Chester TS that we will need to put in a strong complaint. Any probs with scanning & posting, just PM me and we'll work something out.

Thanks!

I am surprised that you've had little response to this.

There must be hundreds of people with major difficulties ree MBNA and TS replies...

Where are you???

A chance to put the reecord straight - to the top man at TS Chester! Dr Mc Gre ary himself!

Yes me!

I have been at loggerheads with MBNA for a long time and got fed up with writing endless letters of complaint to them.

Therefore, initially I registered my complaint with Consumer Direct, who passed my complaint to my local TS. My local TS fair trading officer took all the details of my complaint (over the telephone) and said that she would contact the MBNA home authority TS in Chester. I was informed later that my local TS would not proceed with my complaint:-

"does not intend to take any further action in relation to my complaint against MBNA".

I telephoned the Assistant Manager of my local TS and went mad at her demanding that she must go back and look at my complaint again! as MBNA are acting unlawfully, therefore I demand that Trading Standards must take action.

I followed this up with an email, plus a letter dated September 14 2007, to which I have not yet received an acknowledgement, nor reply.

MBNA are now ignoring my correspondence and TS will not assist me, what a Scandal.

Love

Angry Cat

Same here.. wrote to Chester TS 23 June relating to CCA non-compliance re MBNA. The reply i had from Chester TS was:

...Unforunately, as a consumer based ouside of our area I am not in a postition to offer you individual advice and assistance. If this is required, you would need to contact your local Trading Standards Service.... I believe your local TS is Torbay Council....I have forwarded your documentation to them on your behalf. Thank you for drawing the matter to our attention.

To date, i have heard nothing further from my local TS.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Hi ladybird

I believe that peterbard has approached the DTI and others regarding some specific complaints regarding Trading Standards responses and failings...

Maybe if you were to pm/email him - he may have some responses or material worth while?

xxx

Pers

Sure thing Ladybird: It's actually post 161 of my thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/57846-debt-written-off-due-9.html

But i can photograph and upload and send to your email no problem. Just pm your address and i'll do that later today. ;)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

I have no contribution in relation to MBNA, but I know of at least 3 cases with Chester TS regarding Aktive Kapital. They say go to your local TS, and when local TS forward the case to them ... nothing. I am happy to help in anyway I can and shall keep an eye on the thread.

Best Wishes

MoonHawk

I think it would be a good idea.

Mahatma Gandhi when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Advice & opinions of MoonHawk are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Lloyds TSB - Unlawful charges - Settled £8,807.68

Motor Help UK - Misrepesentation Act - Settled £111.25 (Thread Here)

Next Directory court action without a CCA for £605 - Settled & account closed (Thread Here)

CABOT - Can not produce CCA and refusing to accept it - In progress

Aktiv Kapital - Can not produce CCA and also refusing to accept it - In progress

Barclaycard - Can not produce CCA for an account of £2,000. After a long fight used CPR - Settled

Great idea Ladybird...

I'll email you!

I take it, you need a copy of the correspondence received from TS?

There's certainly some naff replies or lack of interest regarding TS's involvement in resolving MBNA complaints, I'm sure you should get some good replies here.

Good luck with this.

Post it here but can I ask you also to post it on this thread

Trading Standards 'Good un or Bad un'

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Thanks guys -

Moonhawk - interesting stuff - & as it's Chester TS I'm complaining about - as opposed to MBNA - I think this should be included. Can you post up some more details?

Conar - sorry, didn't realise you were also going down this route - we'll liaise in a few days time to discuss responses?

Davey - just about to PM you

Thanks guys -

MoonHawk - interesting stuff - & as it's Chester TS I'm complaining about - as opposed to MBNA - I think this should be included. Can you post up some more details?

Conar - sorry, didn't realise you were also going down this route - we'll liaise in a few days time to discuss responses?

Davey - just about to PM you

Nae worries LB, I got hacked off with the advice I got re AK from my local TS and as everyone else seems to be having probs in one way or another I thought I start a TS advice Theme.

BTW, LACORS recommends that if you are unhappy with your TS then then ask for their complaints procedure, once this is exhausted complain to the Ombudsman - link on the thread.

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Count me in LB. My spat with TS goes back to August last year. Complained to my local TS, copy to Chester, result zilch. Mine was also an Aktiv Kapital problem, but I agree that it's very convenient (for us) that both MBNA and AK are both in Chester.:)

If you want some more complainants I'll try and rustle up a few.

Els

Thanks for your reply, Ladybird. I'd post a copy of the letter but my quote was pretty much it. I would think Cheshire TS have got the message by now but wouldn't want to open the floodgates by dealing with the complaints - just simpler to fob everybody off. They probably work on a tiny budget and wouldn't have the resources to take on MBNA/Bank of America. I'll keep watching the thread. Cheers SS

Oooh, Consumer Direct... My favourite Champion of the People!

I have a recording somewhere at home of them telling me to put my nefariously acquired CCJ and defaults "down to experience".

The gits.

I'm not sure what I can do with them other than copy out a transcript...

time, time and even less time but I'll give it a go. No promises mind as we have a second little bundle of joy due to arrive anytime now. So the wife keeps reminding me...;)

Cuius testiculous habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum

Ha ha, good one

When I phoned them ref a breach of the CCA S78 they weren't interested and told me to phone the National Debtline as I clearly had a debt problem and needed advice urgently before one of the creditors took me to court

(whilst in breach of the CCA without a valid agreement...yes, well I don't think so)

Anyway they didn't forward it to TS and kept saying I had to call the National Debtline ! :)

Count me in LB. My spat with TS goes back to August last year. Complained to my local TS, copy to Chester, result zilch. Mine was also an Aktiv Kapital problem, but I agree that it's very convenient (for us) that both MBNA and AK are both in Chester.:)

If you want some more complainants I'll try and rustle up a few.

Els

Can I ask you to link to Trading Standards 'Good un or Bad un' as well I'm trying to collate data for a complaint to the Ombudsman

I'd also recommend that you ask for the complaints procedure from Chester TS and begin the process of complaints.

Both MoonHawk & Myself complained to them about Aktiv Kapital, they didn't entertain my complaint at all & knocked me back to my TS - don't know about MH

cheers Mac

I went via my local TS to start with and they passed my details to Chester. My local TS also made a request on my behalf that they inform me of what they are going to do and if they are going to wait to also tell me.... The silence from Chester is deafening.

Best Wishes

MoonHawk

I think it would be a good idea.

Mahatma Gandhi when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Advice & opinions of MoonHawk are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Lloyds TSB - Unlawful charges - Settled £8,807.68

Motor Help UK - Misrepesentation Act - Settled £111.25 (Thread Here)

Next Directory court action without a CCA for £605 - Settled & account closed (Thread Here)

CABOT - Can not produce CCA and refusing to accept it - In progress

Aktiv Kapital - Can not produce CCA and also refusing to accept it - In progress

Barclaycard - Can not produce CCA for an account of £2,000. After a long fight used CPR - Settled