Shortcut for BT 0800 queue anyone

trevor33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not specific to BT but, in general, I normally call the sales line of businesses as they seem to be staffed more.

They usually say I have come through to the wrong department but they will transfer the call.

Obviously, it appears everything is rosey when you are a prospective customer, hence why sales lines are normally good, then when they have you they couldn't care less.

The blighters.

true, this seems to be business in general. years ago it was a good way of beating the phone queues, because when they transferred you, it went through on an internal line and you spoke to someone quickly, but know, ALAS THEY HAVE CAUGHT ON. never mind..... anyway.....

if you want to read the rest of this post ...press one

if you wish to return to other threads.... press two

if you require assistance AFTER the telephonist has done her nails...press three etc etc

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Sadly there isn't - the 0800 lines are routed based on call volumes so once you are in the queue it is too late. The way round it is to to have the direct line number for the hint group used to deliver the calls to the call centre, the trouble is getting these numbers! This also assumes the number is part of a UK allocation, since the call centres are in Bombay, and the call queue it sent there either by VOIP or private SDH link, even this option would prevent direct access.

Foreign gentleman, Trevor? Obviously very High Caste!

Yesterday I tried a tip I had read under the heading "Cheat Numbers". I dialled 0800 800150 and at each automated voice response pressed *0 (asterisk plus zero) and in less than a minute was speaking to a human being.

Let us know if it works for you.

Regards.

Vandermerwe

Thanks for your post. After my last post, its not sorted. I am trying to get my daughter connected with a new phone line. This has been going on now since 8th september when first order was placed. My daughter and I must have been on the phone to BT (mostly on hold) for about 10 hours trying to get the line connected. Been passed to all sorts of wrong departments and also been cut off. When you ask to speak to a supervisor, you are put on hold for ages, then no supervisor. We've had the order cancelled twice and now it seems that it will be connected next monday. We will see!!!

I think it is impossible to talk to anyone in charge at BT

Tevor

Guest louis wu

I believe that BT use the first name.(full stop)last name.(full stop)com for their email addresses, so if you have a name it may be worth emailing and getting a response that way. Has the advantage of a hard copy record as well.

louis

• 3 years later...

One strategy for dealing with queueing at call centres is to ask them why they don't have software to eliminate it. If we keep pestering them, and opting for companies that do have customer friendly queues sitting around on hold may become a thing of the past.

Orderly Software have a system that tells the customer when to call back and reserves a slot at the front of the queue for them when they next call in.

Next time you get answered having been on hold ask the agent why they dont have OrderlyQ (or some similar piece of software)

Edited by wheeliebin