Colin Watson v Alliance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good on you Colin. Hope you've got your parachute account ready!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, Now got a letter back from Alliance

Dear Mr Watson

Thanks for your letter on 26 June convcerning chaarges on your former account.

I have noted your comments that you believe the charges that have been raised on your account are unlawful. However, our charges are reasonable and are competitive with the charges made by other financial organisations.

The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has commented that they consider the level of charges to be unfair. However they were actually referring to late payment fees for credit card payments, which are quite distinct from a banks charges on current accounts.

As, yet the OFT have not entered into any discussions with the banking industry regarding current accounts. If that position should change in the future, then alliance & leicester will participate as appropriate. Given the above I cannot accept you have been unlawfully charged as you have suggested. I regret therefore, that I am unable to greet your request for a refund of the charges.

I am sorry if you are disappointed with my responce, but as the charges have been raised correctly in line with the terms and conditions of you account, and in accordance with out published tarriff they might stand.

I hope we will now be able to draw this matter to a closeand if I do not hear from you within the next 8 weeks, will assume this is the case. However in accordance with regulatory requirements, I am enclosing our leaflet which explains the steps you need to take if you should wish to pursue this matter further, including the ultimate availability of the Financial Ombudsman Service.

If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me

Yours

P Branning

Just wondering, if anyone else has had letter like this?

This was after my actaul claim, with a list of the charges on it. What my next step then? Court action?

Sounds standard pal, from what I have read on here.

another letter confirming your stance and then the moneyclaim I think (Im sure ill be corrected if wrong .........)

I have read that for every 1 that gets through to the Money Claim stage at least 10 people give up! Be the 1!

Kingliam

:!:

On behalf of the Ginger one

Lloyds TSB - 1ST 12/07/06-LBA 26/07/06-MC-14/08/06-Court-31/01/2007

Halifax - D P A 02/10/06

On behalf of MumKing

Barclays Bank D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of DJ Sunny

Alliance & Leicester D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of GrandmaKing

GE Capital D P A 30/10/06

Barclays Bank D P A 30/10/06 - 1ST 15/11/06 *Microfiche [problem]

It was a standard letter, dude - hot air!

This was after my actaul claim, with a list of the charges on it. What my next step then? Court action?

By this do you mean your letter before action?

If so, stick to the timetable and your next step will be moneyclaim.

Luck, dude. 8)

From what I have read you have only done your preliminary letter to claim back your bank charges, so next is the LBA, letter before action. Go back to the FAQ's if in doubt.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.