Mistake with NatWest

Trade Consultant
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Am I in terminal trouble with my claim? I've sent initial letter and LBA but to Bishopsgate, London instead of Edinburgh. I haven't received a response to either letter and I should now have progressed to court action. To make matters worse I've included the s.69 interest in my claim (the claim is just under 5k and the interest is over 1k). Do I need to re-issue the letters to the Edinburgh address and omit the 8% interest or just continue????? Has anyone been here? Is it as bad as I think?

Hi TC

Firstly - don't panic. Bishopgate is NatWest's head office so that is OK. Most people actually send these letters to Borehamwood where NatWest' customer 'services' hang out. Edinburgh is where RBOS (NatWest's owners but not actually NatWest) have their head office. NatWest have an internal mail system - they will forward to the correct address (eventually).

If, as loonychoons says, you used recorded delivery then you will be able to check if they have recieved them.

It doesn't matter that you have included the s69 interest either.

The main thing now is to make sure you get the court stuff right. THere is lots of info on the site, especially a new NatWest-specific particulars of claim in the Templates library. Bishopgate is the correct address for the claim.

• Haha 1

Thanks guys. No I didn't send them recorded delivery. I copied the lba to the CEO - Gordon Pell - on 9 August highlighting the discourtesy of not receiving a reply and would have expected at least an interim letter from his office! Can I really go straight to the court process without a reply from them? If so I'll get back to you before I take the papers - by hand this time!