Carperbagger vs Yorkshire Bank- Club account claim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently took over running a not-for profit arts organisiation. They have been running for over 20 years beofer this and have had a bank account for about 15 years, presumably always with Yorkshire Bank, although I can't be sure of this.

THe account we had set up was a 'Club' account. These seem to be some archaic type of account which you wouldn't be able to get if you applied now, they would direct you to a banking account. I was advised by someone in the arts to keep the account, because I don't get charged any fees for running it, but it is inefficient, comes with no card faciltites and no online banking, and the staff at Yorkshire Bank are the biggest load of annoying idiots I have ever met, like the Keystone Cops but without the laught value.

From the start I realised what a shoddy setup Yorkshire W**k has. They haven't changed from the days my dad had a business account with them and charged him for seemingly, every action he took, from cashing a cheque to even having the account. It took me 6 months to get them to move the signitories on the account from the old accountant, then every time I go in the branch they insist they have lost the mandate I signed (twice!!). And surprise surprise, the statements still get delivered to my house with the old guy's name on them, even though he is no longer a signatory!

MY CLAIM

Anyway, aside from all this, the other week, due to some poor accounting by myself (hands up) 2 cheques I had put through bounced.

At the time I had £98 credit in the account. Cheque number 1 for £102 bounced. So it was £4 short, but Yorkshire W**kers gleefully swallowed £38 of the account balance then refused the cheque.

A second cheque for £55 was bounced, even though the funds were there to pay it, presumably just because it had gone through on the same day as the other cheque. £38 charge.

the first £102 cheque was automatically represented a week later, and because I had no funds to put into the account, bounced again. £38 charge.

Then strangely, a cheque for £44 was paid, but the bank sorted me out an 'unrrangaed overdraft fee' for £24. This left the account apporximately £76 in debt, and charged interest for the privilige.

I have fired off a standard first request letter, because I sort of know what to do as I'm claiming for my personal account over on the Natwest forum.

I'm waiting for thier response (if there is one) But I could do with some advice, regarding where I stand with a 'Club' account. Can this be classed as the same as a sole trader account?

I wouldn't have thought so. I would have thought this was more to do with the not for profit thing. Is your organisation a charity? YB are notoriously hard to claim from, so you might be better pleading to their better instincts for your hard won funds which are provided for your organisation and not the bank. Might be better to miss off the bit about your funds not being for the bank, LOL, but I hope you get the gist.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 months later...
Found out the hard way, they dont have any "better instincts".:rolleyes:

Silly me. What was I thinking of?:rolleyes:

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.