noomill v Student Loan Company ***WON***

noomill060
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just posted my Small Claim application off to the court.

I've added a little twist to the usual Particulars of Claim to bring a little bit of discomfort to the boss dude.

6). The Applicant asks the Court to order that the Chief Executive Officer of the Respondent, Student Loans Company Limited, do write to the Applicant within 14 days, concurring that in levying these disproportionate charges, the Student Loans Company Limited erred in law and confirm future arrears letters to all customers of the Student Loans Company Limited will be charged at no more than the actual cost to the Student Loans Company Limited, as required by Statute, Case law and consumer directives.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't no anything about student loans, but the penalty charges are the same in every complaint on this site. So in my opinion that looks pretty impressive. Good luck

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Same applies to all cases of penalty charges.

The SLC gives the impression of having some permission from the OFT, HM Government, the Bishop of Wakefield and possibly even divine sanction from the gods of Imperial Rome for charging £20 a letter.

Ive been told in as many that "We can charge wot we want 'cos the Government says so"

Not even the spivs and scallies at Barclay's are arrogant enough to claim to have governmental and divine sanction for thier charges!

** OK, they dont really claim support from the Bishop of Wakefield **

**The Imperial gods of Rome are unavailable for comment at this time**

Nice post noonmill. These people live with their heads up their botties.How arrogant is that to think they can act above the law of the country. Cos big govvy says so. Complete and utter k**p.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

6). The Applicant asks the Court to order that the Chief Executive Officer of the Respondent, Student Loans Company Limited, do write to the Applicant within 14 days, concurring that in levying these disproportionate charges, the Student Loans Company Limited erred in law and confirm future arrears letters to all customers of the Student Loans Company Limited will be charged at no more than the actual cost to the Student Loans Company Limited, as required by Statute, Case law and consumer directives.

Very cheeky! :)

Just posted my Small Claim application off to the court.

I've added a little twist to the usual Particulars of Claim to bring a little bit of discomfort to the boss dude.

I love this forum!

Am I sick for wanting the SLC to send me another unlawful penalty charge letter?!

Best wishes

Livity (it's better than "free-dumb")

• 3 weeks later...

Just make sure your not down wind when it hits. :)

Good Luck noomill060

I'm rooting for you! :D

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

Thanks CAGisforme!

I guess we're all fed up with these muppets and its time to put them in their box. I havent seen an SLC thread go as far as that, so I'm guessing they dont put up a lot of resistance against a determined adversary.

I'll keep updating with whatever drivel they come up with, but I'm happy to see them in Court over this, I'll be suprised and delighted if they ever get there though.

Its not a huge amount of charges, and as Ive just successfully dealt with Morgan Stanley International Bank, I'm now far more confident to deal with financial fly by nights than I was at the start, when SLC and others were harrasing me on the phone for money I didn't owe.

So as far as the Student Loans Company Ltd is concerned- its game on.

And hey, SLC dont try your "we didnt get your court papers" whinge with the Northern Ireland courts. They post EVERYTHING across the Water by Special Delivery, so they can track the delivery on the Net and get a signature of the muppet who signs for it.

(As Morgan Stanley discovered to their cost!)

• 2 weeks later...

Not a pep from Student Loans this week, but I got a "Pay your arrears within 14 days - or Smith Lawson and Co will start hassling you" letter, last week, presumably before my own legal papers landed with a thud on their desk.

(bet that p***ed on their bonfire!) :D

I'm just waiting to have enough on the credit card to do my mcol. I will be including your addition to the poc in mine, if you don't mind- then we can have Mr Seymour-Jackson running from court to court, making special appearances.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Watching your two cases with interest.

So please we have our "own forum" to deal with all things studenty. :D

Now, where's my pint of snakebite and large herbal cigarette?

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

• 3 weeks later...
SLC only have 13 days to respond to my small claim.

I'll make a prediction: they'll repay their debt in exactly 12.99 days.

There may be a "slight" delay before you get your money back - SLC reckon if they post something on day 12, you'll have it on day 13. They have an unjustified confidence in "business post", their mail provider. Don't be afraid to fax through court papers - that should sharpen their collective mind.

Best wishes

Livity (it's better than "free-dumb")

How many people have lodged a claim against SLC, up to now?

I'm still waiting for money from another 2 claims to come through, to give me the money to do the SLC.:)

Keep up the good work- I'm looking forward to finding out their response.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Still no response.

They have till Monday to put in a defence or whatever, but thats Spring Bank Holiday, so I guess I will have to give them till Tuesday.

If you are on a low income I believe you can ask for the Court fees to be waived, emma.

I've handed my N1 into the court today, so I can't wait to here what there defence is!

Finally remembered we are fee exempt- if I'm not too lazy to wander to the court.:o

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08