Apcoa + Roxburghe **Ticket Cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not overly concerned about this but thought I would post the situation and an interesting link.

I took my father to hospital for an appointment and dropped him at the entrance about 11:00am

and then went to park the car to save him the walk back,

found the parking spot went and put £3 in the machine for upto 6 hours parking,

went back to the car and put the ticket in the dashboard.

Returned to the car at about 12:00 and found a ticket,

I had only gone and put the ticket upside down on the dashboard,

and after checking my ticket it had only took £1 of my money and issued me 30 mins parking.

I can only assume that the £2 coin just dropped through and I didn't even notice.

Now the minimum parking fee was £2 as far as I can recall so how did that machine issue a ticket

when it hadn't had the minimum amount put in the machine ?

and you also get 30 mins free parking.

I obviously will be completely ignoring it as I did pay so nobody has lost anything,

but the interesting item that appeared in the local paper about the new parking regulations,

says that the hospital will keep the money from the parking fees and the Enforcement company(APCOA) will keep the fines .....

........ is this not encouraging them to issue tickets ?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/clampdown-starts-on-illegal-parking-at-north-691796

Thoughts anyone.

That article is strange since you cant park illegally there unless you are obstructing an ambulance bay or other entry way . They also state fines, when they are NOT fines. In regards to your question, the answer is yes. It is 100% encouraging them to issue tickets. This sort of scheme could only be dreamt up by an ignorant board member who was blagged by the Parking company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 months later...

I have received letters from the pair of the above recently so I decided to read through the POFA sections. I notice that in section 8 it states that :

8(1)A notice which is to be relied on as a notice to keeper for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(a) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met.

(f)warn the keeper that if, at the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to keeper is given—

(i)the amount of the unpaid parking charges (as specified under paragraph © or (d)) has not been paid in full, and

(ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver,the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid

I may have misinterpreted this but my understanding from that is, once the Notice to keeper is sent out they have to allow 28 days for the charges to be paid by the keeper, am I right or have I totally misunderstood it ?

The reason I ask is that my letter from Apcoa, dated 27/08/2013 asked for payment within 14 days, then on the 20/09/2013 I got a letter from Roxburghe, dated 12/09/2013 allowing me 14 days to pay. They have (Roxburghe) have also added £48 on to the amount that Apcoa were demanding.

I realise I haven't given too much info but I will enlighten more as required.

Any thoughts advice

Thanks.

So am I correct in my assumption that Apcoa should initially allow 28 days for the RK to make payment ?,

if I am correct, why are they passing my details to a third party after just 14 days

and then the third party adding even more to the balance before the 28 day limit has expired.

Just for the record, I did actually put £3 in the machine, which would have allowed upto 6 hours parking,

what actually happened was, the £2 coin fell straight through and the £1 coin was accepted,

it printed a ticket for a half hour parking.

I didn't even notice this and put the ticket in the car, only when I returned I realised I had put it in face down.

This was because I was rushing to get back to the hospital reception where I had dropped my dad off before going off to park somewhere.

The Parking notices also show the tariff as being 30 mins to 2 hours £2 as the minimum charge,

so when it printed the ticket I just took it and threw it on the dashboard without looking.

So I have a nice pic of my or a dashboard with a ticket upside down, which has a serial number on it,

which if traced back will show that the machine did actually take £1 of my £3 I put in and printed the ticket for 30 mins parking,

yet the charges on display state it costs £2 for 30 mins to 2 hours.

So how come it printed a ticket if the minimum charge was not met, and do they really expect someone to pay £138 just because the ticket was upside down,

yet if they traced that ticket back via the serial number it would meet the pro rata parking fee.

By the way, I have not contacted, acknowledged or lost any sleep over this yet.

I just looking for advice on what to expect next and what steps I should maybe take now to put this to rest.

Thanks.

normally when you put your money in it either accepts it or it falls straight out then you have to push the green button to issue the ticket........Hummmm it seems to me there is a lot of new posts regarding hospitals and I am aware these PPC's tend to stay up late patrolling :???:

Which is what I did, but as I said the £2 coin obviously went straight through and it only took the £1 coin, having not realised that it had I pushed the green button and it printed a ticket for 30 mins parking. This is what is strange as the tariff shows upto 2 hours it costs £2. Therefore the £1 didn't even reach the minimum charge on display, so why would it print the ticket ?

The posts regarding hospitals that I've read seem to concern staff members not visitors or patients.

So is it a case of just carry on ignoring then ?

Thanks

Are there any implications for PPC's that fail to follow the guidelines set out in POFA 2012 Act ?

So far they(Apcoa) have failed to adhere to both the POFA and the BPA Code of Practice,

also they have passed my details to a third party(Roxburghe) before the 28 day period allowed for the keeper to respond to the Notice to Keeper letter,

demanding payment within 14 days, and Roxburghe are demanding payment within 14 days

and have decided to add charges on top of this even before I have responded to Apcoa.

My point is,

I not only have Apcoa demanding payment BEFORE the allowed period set out in POFA, I also have Roxburghe demanding payment on behalf of Apcoa plus their fees on top of that BEFORE the period stated.

All I was looking for is a little hint on the type of bog off letter you have failed to comply and I will report you to everyone that will listen.

ps. Mr Liverpudlian Magician I post late at night cos I have strange sleep patterns,

I don't know how you are aware that PPCs stay up late patrolling here, maybe that is just your magic powers ..

... surely they could just 'patrol' all day if they wanted to.

Thanks

ps. Mr Liverpudlian Magician I post late at night cos I have strange sleep patterns, I don't know how you are aware that PPCs stay up late patrolling here, maybe that is just your magic powers ..... surely they could just 'patrol' all day if they wanted to.

Thanks

Fee Fi Fo Fum.....I smell the blood of a ppc patrol man.........................:?::bolt:

Fee Fi Fo Fum.....I smell the blood of a ppc patrol man.........................:?::bolt:

Very constructive I must say, if you haven't any advice to offer then I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything rather than making totally false misleading assumptions. If you wish to carry on posting such drivel then please do it on someone elses thread.

I was simply seeking advice, and in the past have had some excellent help from some of the more experienced members on these forums, a group which you are clearly not included in.

Unfortunately some people just can't help themselves and feel the need to comment even when it is totally inappropriate.

Well your sarcastic comment to the previous poster and the fact that there have indeed been quite a few trolls on this forum recently does make one rather suspicious.............................

Oh yes, the previous innuendo, just because of the time I posted, as I said I was looking for advice and guidance, what I didn't expect from these forums is to be labelled as some form of PPC employee who spends all night making up scenarios of parking disputes. I would be interested to know just how you make an assumption that someone posting on a public forum, whom you have absolutely no knowledge about even if they are male or female yet you can come to the conclusion that they are a troll.

Oh yes, the previous innuendo, just because of the time I posted, as I said I was looking for advice and guidance, what I didn't expect from these forums is to be labelled as some form of PPC employee who spends all night making up scenarios of parking disputes. I would be interested to know just how you make an assumption that someone posting on a public forum, whom you have absolutely no knowledge about even if they are male or female yet you can come to the conclusion that they are a troll.

To be honest from your first post, you seem very clued up on POFA, so I cant imagine what advice would even be helpful to you in this matter.

Just to update the doubters and bandwagon jumpers here is the non-compliant Notice to Keeper from Acpoa and the subsequent letter from Roxburghe dated 16 days after the NTK ..... A bit naughty as they claim it was pursuant to POFA 2012 stating the keeper is now liable. Surely these companies should be liable to criminal proceedings after clearly trying to coerce money that they are not entitled to !

Letters have now been sent to both companies and a formal complaint to DVLA regarding the sharing my personal data with third parties without any legal rights to make such claims.

I found it strange that there was no photo evidence from the front of the car showing the ticket and reg where it was parked, yet 2 rear views of it, to be honest that photo of the ticket could have been taken anywhere. Why concentrate on the rear of the car when the ticket is in the front !!

Edited by odds

So when you get the GPB letter stating "Our Client APCOA" there is the evidence

There's a spooky coincidence, guess what came in the post this morning :)

Edited by odds

Oh music to my ears, arnt they the same letters or wording sent out by Michael Sobell pmsl.

And orchastrated by Misbah Zahid.... has she been Tuped over to GPB pmsl !!!

Now then the crux of the matter is this.......If GPB represent APCOA, why would a solicitor or firm of solicitors, ask you to telephone roxburghe and settle?

And as APCOA do not own the land, where is the Hospital Trust in all of this......?????

As GPB reside at Roxburghe's address and the former solicitor is still registered there, Michael Sobell, I find this all rather odd? Perhaps GPB are lending their name to Rox.....Funny that the law society states that although registered there, the number of solicitors on site are nil.

It is a 3rd party claim and I dare them to do court.

And beware, Gary Osner of Roxburghe may just show up at court as GPB's Driver ........:deadhorse:

The Notice to Keeper was out of the time limit to enable a claim using PoFA anyway, no mention of the appeal process through POPLA, not allowing 28 days for the Keeper to respond.

We know they are making the claim using the provisions provided by PoFA because Roxburghe kindly confirmed it and stated the keeper was now liable for payment. That was just 16 days after the Notice to Keeper was dated. I think they really should get together and have a read through the Protection of Freedoms Act.

Schedule 4 Section (8)(5) The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 28 days following the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to driver was given.

The Notice to Keeper was out of the time limit to enable a claim using PoFA anyway, no mention of the appeal process through POPLA, not allowing 28 days for the Keeper to respond.

We know they are making the claim using the provisions provided by PoFA because Roxburghe kindly confirmed it and stated the keeper was now liable for payment. That was just 16 days after the Notice to Keeper was dated. I think they really should get together and have a read through the Protection of Freedoms Act.

Schedule 4 Section (8)(5) The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 28 days following the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to driver was given.

Ok, yes, you have a very good defence there, and many more avenues ( which can be advised) should you need them?

It depends really what you intend to do next?

I gather that you have not responded so far, which means that the next correspondence from GPB ( Roxburghe) will be the letter before Claim/Action.

I have personally not seen the new outfit issue genuine court papers as yet and suspect they will not intend to,

bearing in mind the very dodgy dealings going on, and especially in light of Rox having their Credit Consumer Licience 'Refuse to Renew' by the OFT.

On reciept of genuine court papers,( if you let it go that far), you will get very good advice on here on how to defend and counterclaim maybe?

But if that is not your bag, then you can complain to APOCA ( not Rox or GPB) and get the clock set back for a POPLA appeal.

Either way you really must complain to the SRA, OFT, BPA(not that they will listen), AOS and anyone else you can think of?

To be honest I've got nothing to defend,

they have missed the deadline to make a claim against the keeper,

otherwise you would be getting claims for tickets that could be months old.

I've already told Roxburghe and Acpoa to do one and go and read the PoFA,

also complaint gone to DVLA for the misuse of my personal details by Acpoa,

not bothered with the BPA simply because they are their own bosses so I think it would fall on deaf ears.

Is it worth replying to GPB ?

If you have already told Roxburghe and APCOA to do one, why on earth would you write to GPB ????

Have you not grasped it yet that there is nobody there in Byfleet.....

Let me recap.....GPB who act on behalf of Roxburghe who act on behalf of APCOA who do not own the land in this matter

Id be terrified pmsl