Santander/cohen - court judgement Laura Ashley store card

dillon21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning please can you tell me what i need to do

i have received court papers from ncc for an amount to be paid to Santander for £601.60 £726.61 with cost

what do i do now

the people acting for them are Howard cohen and co

can i pay this in instalments without it going through the court or should i ask for an a signed agreement to be sent

Whoa - slow down!

What we need is this:

1. History of the account. When opened, original creditor (before Santander), credit card/store card or loan, reason for getting to this stage, etc.

2. Details of the documentation you have received from Santander and Cohens. This will include, from Santander, letters regarding any arrears, a default notice and possibly a termination notice; from Cohen, a notice of assignment and any other letters.

3. Details of the claim, ie. the Particulars of Claim. Bet it refers to 'clause 7'. What was the date of issue?

Get this info for us and we can help you get this sorted. Don't call Cohen under any circumstances, or admit to the debt in any way, until we know the full situation. Then we'll work out the correct CPR letters to send to Cohen, and whether you need to SAR Santander.

If you can scan and post the documents on here - with your personal and account details removed - it would really help. Use a web site like Photobucket to upload the images.

Good luck.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

It is a laura ashley stors card taken out about 18mts ago maybe 2years i set up a direct debit to pay it twice but the payments didnt go through even thou i had the fund. been very poorly and just overlooked payments didnt think iyt had got to this stage thou.

please need help with next step

Ruthill

The first thing is that you need to acknowledge service of the papers from the court. The acknowledgement is in the papers and needs to be returned to the court within 14 days. When you do so, you have to decide if you admit the debt and either pay it or make an offer to pay. Either way you will end up with a county court judgement against your name unless you pay the whole amount and costs within a month.

If you dispute the debt, you get another 14 days to submit a defence to the court. CAG can help with some pointers for you to draft your defence but you will need to get some facts together such as suggested by DB above.

First, can you type out and post up the 'Particulars of Claim' as Santander have put in the claim form. Second, did the papers come from the Northampton County Court or from your local county court? If the latter, did the papers include a copy of the credit agreement and Default Notice?

Doc

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

• 1 month later...

I have been issued a blaimform

i had a Laura Ashley card with only a small amount of credit on it

i set up a direct debit to pay each mth but on 2 occasions they weren't paid

i don't know why they say they were cancelled but they weren't not by me anyhow

long story short Santander took me to court apparently

i did get in touch with the court within the allowed time

so they made a judgement that i had to pay £125 per mth

i have sent the court a letter saying i cant afford this

problem being the first payment was due today what will happen now

Please Can Someone Tell Me

I Have Gone On Line To Respond To Court Papers From Ncc

I Have Said I Dispute The Whole Cliam

Then Ticked The Box That Says No

Not Because I Have Paid It

It Now Wants Me To Write Why I Dispute The Claim

I Didnt Do This Before

Have I Ticked The Wrong Box

Should I Have Ticked The One Saying I Needed More Time Please

If Someone Could Point Me In The Right Direction

That Would Be Great Need To Sort This Asap

• dx100uk changed the title to Santander/cohen - court judgement Laura Ashley store card