MRN versus Natwest

My Real Name
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've finally shifted my lardy behind, and started on the road to reclaiming my money from the bank.

It has been 10 days since writing a letter before action to Natwest, and 26 days since my initial request to be refunded approximately £2,500, consisting of unlawful penalty charges, and overdraft interest charged on them.

As yet, I have received no response, and am drafting an N1 claim form for submission to the county court.

I look forward to writing updates as they happen.

Good luck, be patient and you will triumph. :)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I've finally received a response, albeit a stock standard reply, claiming that all charges are lawful, that my complaint (their choice of words) was noted, and that they are going to sit on it until their test case with the OFT has concluded.

On the strength of their letter, I shall now sit back and do nothing, content with their more than adequate reasoning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You really should have received a Notice of Issue form from the court by now, along with an Acknowledgement of Service from Cobbetts MRN. :confused: I'd advise phoning the court to find out what's happened with your N1 and PoC just to ensure they've processed them. :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

On speaking to the court, I have been given a claim number, created 25 Oct and put in service (if that is the correct phrase) on 28 Oct.

The court is yet to hear from the defendant. Any idea what Cobbett's / NatWest's typical response time is to claims?

They have 14 days from the date your claim was served on them (looks as though it was served on 28th Oct) to respond to you. So hopefully, you should receive an Acknowledgement of Service form soon - plus a Notice of Issue form from the court. ;) It seems to be on track at the moment - but let us know if you don't receive the above forms. x :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I have now received a response from Cobbetts, including an Acknowledgement of Service.

Not unexpectedly, they have been instructed to apply to the court to hjave the claim stayed, copying me on the application to the court.

Is there anything that I can do between now and any decision on the stay? From the look of it, my local county court does not appear to be staying claims by default.

Still no Notice of Issue - I'll chase the court, in case it has gone missing.

In all honesty MRN, unless you can prove genuine financial hardship (and this is becoming more and more difficult to prove) there really isn't an awful lot that you can do at the moment except leave it in the hands of the court. Hopefully your court will continue to look at claims on a case be case basis. :(

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Best of luck MRN - let's hope your court is still proceeding. But keep us informed either way. x :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 weeks later...

Notice of Issue received from the court (finally), and Acknowledgement of Service from the court, indicating the defendant's intention to fully defend the claim.

I have also received a copy of the defendant's defence, filed by Cobbetts. This appears to be the standard dismissive "lack of particulars" letter, suggesting that Cobbetts failed to read the 7 pages attached to the claim.

I'll post the full text later, if it might be of benefit.

One point that I take issue with, however, is that the filing of a defence appears to be inconsistent with the previous notification of the intent to apply for a stay. Can I infer from this that the court has denied their stay application?

I have now received notification that the claim has been stayed, pursuant to the outcome of the Abbey et al. case.

In the meantime, ought I write to the court, asking that Natwest comply with my original SAR for the original Ts&Cs for my account, that Natwest concur with the schedule of charges placed on my account (irrespective of the nature of those charges), and that they will desist from levying further such charges in the meantime.

Sorry to hear about the stay :( Rather than writing to the court though, I'd be inclined to write to Nat West - the Borehamwood address (copy to Cobbetts, copy to the court) something like this:

Request for Terms & Conditions

Dear Mr. Higley,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxx

SORT CODE: xxxxxx

Please forward a copy of the Terms and Conditions that were in force at the time my account was opened, and any subsequent amendments to those Terms and Conditions.

These are requested under CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6© for my claim number xxxxxxxxx in the xxxxxxxx County Court.

Yours sincerely,

MRN

I have to say - I got no response whatsoever to the above letter, but others have managed to receive the correct T&C's by sending the above. :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 6 months later...

'Lo again

It has been six months since I wrote to Natwest asking for the original Ts & Cs. Suffice it to say, I have not received anything.

I have, however, received another £28 penalty charge for exceeding my overdraft limit, having been nudged over by an interest charge, no less.

What are others doing with regards claiming back any ongoing unlawful charges, once they already have a case being stayed in court?

(I have phoned Natwest, on the off chance they would refund the charge without a fight. Not that I was holding out for much success, but you never know your luck.)

Do I tack this latest charge onto the schedule of my original claim, or doI need to treat this separately?

You can put it on the original claim if you have not filed in court (you can actually do it if you have filed in court but it will cost you £70 so probabaly not worth it)