• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Number6 -vs- Lloyds TSB **WON**

Number6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right.

Hi everyone and here we go!

I sent the opening letter to LTSB on 6th June requesting repayment of £2671.64 in fees and charges.

I received my "standard" reply from David Just today (13th june).

It's the usual standard letter I think but here are three salient paragraphs:

"You incurred charges because you did not ensure funds were available in your account to cover the payments set up by you. It is your responsibility to operate your account within any agreed limits and within the terms and conditions.

You accepted these terms when you opened your account and when you agreed your overdraft. We did not agree to pay your account in excess of the amount agreed without charges being made.

Accordingly I am unable to agree with your request to refund the charges. We do expect your account to be run in line with the terms and conditions of its operation. This means that you must ensure that cleared funds are deposited into the account the working day before any payments are due. If you do not feel you will be able to run your account in accordance with the terms and conditions, we may have to consider withdrawing certain facilities, such as any debit cards, overdrafts and chequebooks. Alternatively you may wish to consider alternative banking arrangements."

I take it there's nothing new there and I should wait for the requisite 14 days before sending the next letter? Or should I do anything else?

I already have "parachute" accounts set up with other banks just in case.

I feel nervous but excited about this now.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you have it all under control, i would wait 14 days from what i have read here, the judge looks more favourably to you if you do, or you could just send the LBA of now, they have said it is their final responce after all, its really is upto you, good luck!!!!!!!!!

Wait the full period of time. You need to give them a full 28 day period, with the LBa sent at the 14th day.

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

Thanks for the encouraging replies.

I'm looking forward to what will be the first of many claims.

How amazing is this site and the work its mods do! 5% of each successful claim will be on its way here.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Right, the 14 days has expired today and nothing further has been received. It's time for the LBA!

I will write it today and post it this afternoon.

Pete

Good man :D

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I've noticed that - firing on all cylinders eh!?

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I get around ;)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

LBA sent today, 21st June.

The clock is ticking!

Pete

Satndard response to my LBA received today dated 28th June and signed by Jamie O'Neill, Accounts manager at the Customer care Recovery Centre.

Usual things..... sorry you're not happy........ little I can add to our previous letter...... this is the banks final response..... speak to Financial Ombudsman if not happy, etc.

Six days to go before I can start Court Proceedings!! :D

..... or should I start proceedings immediately as they have now made a 'final response'??

Pete

It's your choice really. I personally would start right now as they have made their views clear and will not budge. Others would advise you to wait.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Decisions, decisions!!!

I'm inclined to wait for the full 14 days if only to show that I've kept to my side of the deal....... but I'm not sure.

Pete

Actually, I think I will wait for the 14 days.

There may well be some more bank charges that I can add onto the claim by then :wink:

Pete

It's not long to wait. It also gives you a little bit of extra time to read up and strengthen your case incase it does go to court.

Best of luck. :)

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of posting.

A series of serious domestic and family crises cropped up that took priority. All sorted now (until the next one! :( )

The upshot of it all is that I have not yet started a claim against LTSB.

Because of the delay do I need to start the whole process off again or can I simply press on and issue a case in the Small Claims Court?

Pete

Sorry for the lack of posting.

A series of serious domestic and family crises cropped up that took priority. All sorted now (until the next one! :( )

The upshot of it all is that I have not yet started a claim against LTSB.

Because of the delay do I need to start the whole process off again or can I simply press on and issue a case in the Small Claims Court?

Pete

No, you don't need to start the process again. Just issue your claim. If your case did end up in court you could state that you provided them with extra time and would be deemed as more resonable!

I hope all is well in your family.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Many thanks for the quick reply.

The claim will go in tomorrow.

Thanks again, and sorry for the double posting earlier.

Pete

Probably a silly question but..... :confused:

I've just completed my "Moneyclaim" claim and submitted it online. There appears to be no mention of what to do about paying the fee to actually issue the thing. The case is saved in my list of claims with the "Claim" column saying "Continue"; if I click continue it simply takes me back to my claim, if I trhen click "Submit" the page simply says "Done" and I go around in circles.

Help... what do I do now?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Does the lack of any reply mean that everyone is a puzzled as I am??

Pete

I think there is a glich on moneyclaim at the moment - I was trying to do something last night and it wouldn't let me, the screen kept freezing. I know Mechs is having problems as well.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Thanks for that.

Pete

I had a problem when filing the other day against Woolwich. I called the Moneyclaim help line and they talked through it with me by logging in as me. If you haven't got it sorted give them a call.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

The problem is now sorted, thanks for your help.

A final question - what address does everyone use for Lloyds for the purpose of submitting claims?

Thanks.

Pete