Watch out, there are Claims Touts about!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also the "Please donate something to CAG2 - and only certain ppl seem to have that!

Both very annoying lol

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

I think photoman summed up the situation pretty nicely (and comprehensively :rolleyes:) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/business-claims-bank-charges/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-67.html#post1577500

Edited by steven4064

Maybe its those who have not donated yet , I will because

we cant do without this site and the great support and advice

that is given freely , by all walks of life from the very wise to

the not so wise like myself , who has been kept from the Nut

House . The kind support and sometimes dumb questions I have

asked they keep comming to the rescue thanks to you all .

The Pink is a warning be careful when posting up letters ect

some are leaving Barcodes and ref no on and the Banks ect

can trace the customer by this well thats what I think :shock:

Thanks for looking in

happy days

T99

Also the "Please donate something to CAG2 - and only certain ppl seem to have that!

Both very annoying lol

As are 1) the unscrupulous swines who prowl the forum and tout under guise of "helping", 2) the circumstances that make it necessary to remind folks that CAG does not, can not run on thin air for ever... :oops::razz:

Very annoying, maybe, how much more annoying and even downright disatrous if people were to log in one morning and find CAG closed down for lack of funds? Doesn't really bear thinking about, does it... :-| :eek:

This is probably a bit simplistic, but could some disclaimer be put on, such as "you promise not to use any information on these forums in a claim against a member of this forum for CCAs (or whatever"? to prevent companies using such data?

I have done evidence and procedure, but to be honest am no good at it!

How about "By posting on this forum, you agree that all intellectual property rights you may have in your postings are transferred to CAG. CAG prohibits such intellectual property from being used by third parties in any legal proccedings, or for any commercial purposes whatsoever" ?

Or something like that.

Whilst I am sure it will look very pretty, I doubt it would make much difference... After all, we are talking about people who have little issue with preying on people in vulnerable position for their own financial benefit, so I doubt intellectual property would rank very high in their list of moral no-nos. :-( And taking legal action and then proving that the material had been nicked from CAG would just be a colossal waste of time, energy and money, as you can imagine.

I personally hope that the general posting under the sig will help raise people's awareness and hopefully just be enough of a reminder to someone about to send a PM to agree to part with their cash to a perfect stranger from the Internet to maybe hold off. :oops:

We have had reports that some of our users have been receiving private messages inviting them to use claims services. CAG tends to believe that you can run your own claims, save money and empower yourself.

As far as the donations plug goes, yes it is attached to the locations script.

It has nothing to do with whether people have donated or not.

Also, don't panic that the site is so short of funds that it will disappear overnight - it won't. However, we could definitely run better and more comfortably if we were better funded.

Whatever you do, don't lose sleep about not donating if you haven't got the money. Loads of people on this site are really hard-up and we wouldn't dream of accepting money from them

A1 has CAG helped you in your 11 posts YES ok then you have answered your own question, Donations Plug-WHY NOT every penny will help cag to help you in your next 11 posts

A1----Basic Account Customer--Date Joined jul 2007--- Posts 11

Where do you get Personel information????????????????????

Edited by blue4ever
spelling again

Bankfodder, Do you think it's acceptable to edit members profiles - their personal information - to carry a ''donations plug''?.

Perhaps you could indicate to us exactly what PERSONAL INFORMATION has been edited?

You are complaining about the donations tag...... It's not on yours.

What's your problem?

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

All the posts I've seen since yesterday morning have had it, yes. It was originally black and minus the word "Claims".. somebody thought pink would be nicer.. obviously lol

light coral actually

Fine. If you don't want to remind people to donate, when and if they can.

It's your choice. Donations are not compulsory, but they are appreciated.

After all, it's those donations that pay to keep this site running for the benefit of everybody.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Well, I'd just like to put my tuppence worth in:

I absolutely 100% DO NOT mind warnings of claims touts (I was previously unaware this went on - I know very naive) and also I DO NOT see it as a bad thing to remind members that this site is run on donations only. If it weren't for CAG, I would probably have given away almost all of my megre savings to unscrupulous DCAs. I just wish I'd found it before I stuck £300 on my credit card to a DCA chasing a debt that would have been stat barred (DOH! again an example of my naiveity!) I have bought a CAG e-mail address & I'll donate what I can, when I can in the future.

Edited by Woozel
Gremlins - post posted before it was finished!

Woozel 1 - DCA 0

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks