knox vs Vodafone Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got my credit reports recently and discovered Vodafone had put on a default to CallCredit for £35. Called up today and paid the £35 and asked if they would remove the default. The nice lady said it would get passed to Quality Assurance and they would decide whether it would be removed or not. She also said because it had been on there so long, it probably wouldn't be removed but it wasn't her that would decide. So I asked for an address so I could follow up with a written request. From what I've seen on the forums, nice letters seem to have more success than legal threats so i've written them a nice letter asking them to remove the default and stating that by the time they sent out the revised bill (6 months after the account closed) i had moved house and didn't get it and that as soon as I saw the default on my credit record, I actively contacted Vodafone of my own free will and paid off the debt. So we'll see what happens. just in case it's useful to anyone else, here's the address the lady on the phone gave me to write to the people that decide about defaults:

Quality Assurance

Vodafone Ltd

Penbrook House

Banbury Business Park

Aynho Road

Adderbury

OX17 3BR

Apparently it should take about 7 days for them to process and decide whether they'll remove it or not. Let see how it goes. If this fails, then I'll look into SARs and CCAs and court and stuff. Thought I'd try to nice easy route first ;)

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]

Good to know, I've got one of them!

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Will keep you posted, I've managed to get rid of an HBOS default and am confident I can get rid of the other HBOS one too. Would be annoying if this silly Vodafone one for £35 made it all difficult.

Hi Knoxville

I have a couple of defaults on my credit file which I think are unfair and unjustified. One vodafone and one from Interum Justicia (TSB). The latter from interum justicia could not provide a CCA and a letter from them said they would no longer be pursuing the issue but they haven't removed the default.

The vodafone one I still owe £300 which i am prepared to pay off in a onner but am a bit miffed that they defaulted me. I was not happy with the final bill so stopped paying it, turns out an ex girlfriend run up a hefty bill on her phone. Ended up coming to an agreement with vodafone's debt agency in May 07, cms solutions I think. Was paying £100 a month then they asked me to increase payments which I did for one month. Next thing I know a default appears on my credit file from vodafone and not the collection agency. I phoned and asked if they could remove it and they said no because I defaulted. I stopped paying them after that and haven't heard from them since.

Do you have a template letter I could try and use please or any adivice would help.

Thanks

Les

Sorry for what?

Anyways, below is the letter I sent. I don't know how much use it will be to you though as your default is for a much larger amount and involved their DCA. It's worth a try. I decided, as mentioned above, to try a simple nice letter first before threatening them with the Data Protection Act. From another thread I saw a while ago, if you try being heavy handed with Vodafone they seem to just tell you to p*** off. Not being regulated by the Consumer Credit Act also makes it more complex. Be aware, I paid the debt in full over the phone and asked the agent about getting the default removed. She then passed my account to Quality Assurance and i followed up with this written request within 24 hours so that QA would have my side of the story when considering the default removal.

Quality Assurance

Vodafone Ltd

Penbrook House

Banbury Business Park

Aynho Road

Adderbury

OX17 3BR

Dear Sir/Madam,

Account Number 23657xxxx

I am writing to you in relation to the outstanding debt on this account of £35 and the default Vodafone has placed on my credit record in relation to this.

I was completely unaware that there was a debt outstanding on this account until I recently checked my credit report and discovered the default. As soon as I was aware, I made contact with Vodafone to make arrangements to clear the debt. I have today paid the £35 over the phone by credit card.

I am writing to request that you please consider removing the default from my credit record. The debt was for a small amount but a default will have an extremely negative effect of my credit worthiness and will make it hard if not impossible for me to get a mortgage. I pride myself in doing the best I can to maintain my finances responsibly.

Furthermore, I have attached an e-mail received from Vodafone. In the e-mail it states that the account was closed on 15th September 2006. In November of 2006, I moved from xxxxx xxxxxx, xxxxxxxx which is the address Vodafone has for me and so any correspondance sent after that was not received by myself. I did not update my address with Vodafone since as far as I was concerned, the account was closed. The e-mail states that a revised bill showing the £35 owed was sent out in March 2007. I never received this revised bill as I no longer lived in ***** ******.

As mentioned above, as soon as I became aware of the debt, I actively contacted Vodafone of my own free will to clear the debt. Please consider removing the default as I hope to apply for a mortgage within the next 12 months. Had I known a revised bill was going to be sent out after the account was closed, I would have updated my address details. It was a simple error on my part and by no means was it ever an attempt for me to get out of paying the £35.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Yours Faithfully,

With regards to TSB, have they actually stated they don't have it or have they just failed to provide it so far? Did you request a copy of the Notice of Default? I got a default removed by HBOS (and am working on a second from the same) on the basis of they did not issue a Notice of Default. I would push for TSB to admit they don't have the CCA at all or that they didn't issue a notice of default and then remind them of their responsibilities under the Consumer Credit Act. That worked for me with HBOS (so far). Good luck. If I can help, let me know.

TSB never said either way. It was during the postal strikes last year. They replied asking for a phone number so they could contact me so I could collect the papers from a local TSB but they never did contact me. I requested a CCA and they never supplied it.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/1pc1/tsbreply01-blanked.jpg

As far as Interum Justicia goes, I requested a CCA and got this reply.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/1pc1/image002.jpg

The pound I notice came off the total due on the TSB account which was bank charges.

It was all bank charges so I can't see why they don't remove the defaults from my credit file.

The TSB default is 6 years old in April this year, does that mean it will automatically come off?

The Interum Justicia one is from summer Last year. Don't know how it appeared as I never got any notification.

Can they both default me for the same account which I never ever acknowledged. I actually thought the account was closed.

Any help is really appreciated

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Great forum guys!

I've recently found out that I defaulted payment with Vodafone when i cancelled a contract. Vodafone say they never recieved the letter, and I cancelled the DD 2 months after as I thought everything would have been dealt with. I then moved address, so did not recieve any correspondance they had been sending.

To my horror I had a mortgage application rejected at the beginning of the week - due to this issue with Vodafone. I've now paid the £110 owed, and have sent a letter hoping they remove the default from my credit file.

What I was wondering was.....how long does it take for the default to be removed, and will my credit score go back up as soon as it is removed?

Cheers,

Ian.

Vodafone were very fast at removing the default. The default was gone from CallCredit before the letter arrived informing me that it would be removed. It took them less than 7 days from me sending a letter asking for it to be removed.

As far as your credit score goes, it may go up but if they do remove the default, it will still show the late payment markers which will lower your score but it'll still be a lot better than having a default.

• 11 months later...

have you settled the outstanding amount? If so, can I ask how much it was for?

If I was you I would start by paying the outstanding amount asap then write to them and explain it was a simple oversight and as soon as you were aware of it you dealt with it, play the sympathy card and ask them nicely if they'll consider removing it.

lol vodafone were a dream to deal with compared with HBOS. One letter saying "pretty please remove it, I didn't mean it" and it was gone.

The default with HBOS is now awaiting an ombudsman for a final decision from FOS. I'm not holding my breath so off to court we go soon.