DVLA court summons issued

danny_kiernan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Again all,

Please forgive my posts being a few days between, then suddenly loads of posts, I am going on holiday in a weeks time and am working on 99 things at same time, to make sure I can relax when on holiday.

OK a major argument against the DVLA issuing information to so-called law enforcement people, is quite simple.

Normal Human Curiousness, who doesn't want to know what their neighbour is doing. A large utility company I worked for had a problem in their callcentre with people looking up personal details of friends/neighbours/work colleagues. Not many people were disciplined about it, as calls incoming matched up with their requests for data.

I am a great believer that personal data is sacred and should be protected, via the data protection act and the right to privacy.

For Example, whats to stop a police officer calling in a number plate of his neighbours - out of pure malice?

I hope that all makes sense

Kind Regards

Dani

Hi Danny,

I've lifted some of your text which you'd put on RugbyPete's thread and included on my reply to DVLA.

I'd appreciate any comments.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I had to attend court for road tax arrears.. missed a month in april 08 due to change of address and not receiving any from DVLA.

explained in court ... given guilty with mitigating circumstances and paid arrears [for 1 month in question with fine]

My questions are

1] is it a criminal offence -- does it reflect in CRB

tks

Murali

Watch out buzby/raymond,

The biometric ID card argument has surfaced again (which I am against btw). Whatever happened to freedom? This country is slowly turning into 1982, am I going to be beaten up and raped with a giant dildo a la clockwork orange (based on 1982)?

;)

Dani

I thought it was 1984 or was I born in the wrong year too?

You've certainly reactivating a rather old thread! That said - the introduction of ID cards appears to be academic. Only LAbour is pursuing it, and the recent data loss botch-ups has resulted in nobody trusting anyone with their data. As both the Conservatives and LibDems (and SNP) are publicly against it - the card will be dead in the water following the next election.

• 11 months later...
Guest overmydeadbody
You've certainly reactivating a rather old thread!

You can say that again! How far back would you like to go to prove that a nationwide ID scheme is not a good idea.

-South Africa with its "harsh" enforcement of an ID scheme.

-Rwandan "cleansing"

-Nazi Germany

...notice the pattern. As far as I can think there has never been an example in history when an ID card system has ever proved to have an overall positive effect.

the card will be dead in the water following the next election.

Absolutely. Shame labour can't stop digging that ever-deepening hole a little bit sooner.

C'mon - I was going to say the secret is to stop digging... but I heard a comment today on the BBC, that Labour may use the recession as the reason for suspending ID cards (a certain vote loser) not the fact nobody wants them. Still with the TUC saying if LAbour don;t get back in, there will be industrial anarchy. So that's allright then.

Guest overmydeadbody

Whereas before I took Labour to be a "misguided" party, I now am of the opinion that they simply are mentally retarded.

Even briefly weighing up the ID card scheme merits leads me to the conclusion that they should simply admit a mistake, move on and try to forget about the whole account - many would argue that this is what has happened with the matter. If they are now blaming the recession they are reopening a vote killing subject!