Booking Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife's friend has just booked a holiday she wanted to go at the end of this week but booked the wrong month. Upon noticing her mistake she phoned to change it/cancel it and they said they needed 40 days notice for a cancellation- however it was only 35 days before when she booked it! Any ideas how to get our money back?

I don't think you've got an iota of a chance getting your money back.

Your wife made the mistake, not the travel agent. You performed the contract at their offices, so it wasn't a distance sale. All I can suggest is you try and adapt to the dates you actually booked.

Sorry

David

Here to help!

Good with employment, disability and welfare/benefit questions :rolleyes:

Just ask!

Distance selling regulations don't apply to package travel, so that is irrelevant.

Does she want to cancel it? Surely she can just amend it to the correct dates? She will most probably have to pay an amendment fee. She will not be entitled to a refund.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

the difference is over £400 so moving its not an option i think i may just try to sue them i may not win but at least ill have thesatisfaction the case will probably cost them more than the 175 quid they owe us.:D

the difference is over £400 so moving its not an option i think i may just try to sue them i may not win but at least ill have thesatisfaction the case will probably cost them more than the 175 quid they owe us.:D

On what grounds are you gonna sue them?

You will be the one cancelling the contract by not travelling on the contracted date.

And what are you going to do if they counter claim for the full cost of the holiday, due to the fact that they may now not be able to sell these dates due to a short lead time?