style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some other forums (including vbulletin) use a mod to allow people to become site supporters by donating a regular amount each month. They also get a little symbol near their user name to state they are a site supporter.

I personally would sign up as I'm sure plenty of others would too - it doesn't have to be a big amount - one site I visit gives a choice of a single month for $5 3 months for $10 etc up to a 31 year subscription for $500! I'm not suggesting that lol, but I just betcha a fair few people may want to subscribe...

Just a thought....

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Partially agreed. One of the common problems of many/most/all people on here is "account management". It would be a pretty rum deal if a monthly supporter fee bounced, resulting in unlawful penalty charges! It would be a vicious circle! :)

Another site I use has "donation icons". Every now and again (when the admins need some cash), they allow people to buy an icon which goes against their user details in posts. The icons are only available for a short while and aren't made available in the next round of donations. Doesn't look like this is supported in vBulletin though...

Maybe we could encourage people to donate 5% of their settlements... :D

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

How about giving those who have donated, something next to their name (an image of some kind). Then when someone asks how we got it, we can point them in the direction of the donate button?

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

Personally I think that voluntary donations should remain confidential, unless a user chooses to say something themselves.

Having a "Special status" or an icon for donors can lead to elitist behaviour by donors, it can lead to friction in the forum due to perceived (often not real) preferential treatment, and various other problems with conflict and inter-member relationships.

In a forum such as this, members either donate, or do not, based upon their own conscience... and they have to feel comfortable with that decision until they either change it or the whole dilemma is gone.

People who express objectionable OPINIONS about donating should expect everything they get; but noone should ever be treated differently based upon whether or not they donated.

Fair do's

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!