Please help i am really confused!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 18 July 07 the SC&M failed to submit their AQ meaning i had won by default. On the 24 August 07 i received another order from the court stating that the bank had until the 4 September 07 to submit their AQ again.

On the same day as the second order i received a letter from SC&M stating that the banks were willing to settle out of court for the full amount as a goodwill gesture. Which i was obviously going to accept.

However today i have recieved a second letter from SC&M requesting a stay and whether or not i am in agreement to a stay of these proceedings.

I am really confused on three accounts:

I had won on the 18 July 07 which the court confirmed by telephone but no paperwork was sent out from the court. This decision was made before the OFT made their decision to take the banks to court.

The offer to settle in full was made 7 days ago without any mention of a stay.

What does this stay mean. Does the offer still stand or as this been withdrawn as it sin't really clear in the second letter. Should i accept the stay or refuse to accept.

Please help.

Have you tried looking on your banks web site to see what the announcement is ? As I thought I read somewhere that if you had an offer which you had not refused you would have 2 months to decide what to do?

Also obviously in the circumstances if this does not help you are going to tell them you will object to the stay.

As far as i am aware it is up to the court whether they grant a stay not the banks.So you court may not go ahead with the stay anyway.I would try ringing the court and very politely state what has happened.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE