Security Investigations Recovery Division

togeoff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just received a letter from the above demanding payment for £1xxx.xx.

Phoned them up expecting to talk to a PI / Bailiff type person and was pleasantly suprised to find my call answered by an A&L employee.

When I told her that I was in the middle of a Court case, I was told that there were 'no more Court cases' and that they had been instructed to close and collect.

I politely informed her that my case had been stayed and that I had applied for it to be lifted because it not only referred to 'charges' but the fact that A&L had ignored my request to stop my DD from January.

She again tried to tell me that there were no cases now and that she had to arrange collection.

I politely told her to speak to her Solicitors and check the facts before sending me any more threatening letters. She told me she had all those details in front of her...........

I await their next move in avid anticipation.

OMG this is going to fuel my FO complaint by at least another £££'s.

I imagine a lot of others are going to be hearing from this Division in the near future......

On the bright side it shows a complete lack of professionalism and a degree of contempt towards the Court as they haven't bothered to wait to see if the Stay holds before threatening me

Any others get this type of letter ???

G

well done- A&L have not as far as I know requested individual stays and they should be aware that it is purely at the discretion of each judge. They should be a little more careful.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the second and FINAL demand for payment.

Phoned the Court (Taunton) asking about my stay being lifted and was told that they were running about a fortnight behind. Explained to the girl behind the phone what was happening and met a brick wall with, "I can't comment on Legal issues" written all over it - why employ them in a Court if they can't answer simple questions ???

Phoned SIDRS (A&L) and was told that all I had to do was pay £1 a week against the amount owed to keep the account with A&L rather than it being sold off to an outside DC agency. With the following added on :-

Court Costs £108

Solicitor Coast £80

Interest 8%

I politely told her that the A&L owed me 5 times more than they were trying to get from me, starting in January 07 when they ignored my request to stop my DD's and that I would rather go to Devils Island than give them a penny.

She told me that she would hold the account for another week until I could give her a Court date. - nice Lady, why is she working there ???

Just emailed Steptoe (rags) and told them to tell their client to get their act together or it would cost them approx another £4-500 in wasted costs and FO penalty.

This is going to look good in Court as they issued the first demand the day after the block Stay was ordered and are clearly trying to intimidate people (I can't be the only one).

Bring on the Judge.........

if you do get problems with stay - here is an interesting thread

hadyanth vs Lloyds TSB - Goodbye fingernails...

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I personally think it would be rather amusing to walk into my local branch with a £1 coin in my grubby little mit and ask the cashier to "Deposit this in my account, please".

Can you imagine the looks on people's faces?

And at the supposed cost of transactions which banks keep banging on about, they'd probably be out of pocket every time you did this. And if it had to be on a weekly basis... Yes, I think I'd take great pleasure from it!:cool:

bonus.....

just had an email from Wragges, Recoveries and Finance Team - Complex

apparently a real person.....

" I am in receipt of the e-mail sent regarding your bank account. I would appreciate it if you would give me a call to discuss this matter as I would like to understand further the current situation so I can attempt to resolve it. "

so I sent her an email with brief details on my complaint and the response (not) that I had received (and also that I had complained to the Judge about their attempt to gain a Pecuniary Advantage).

I await yet another response in avid anticipation..........

you dont have to answer - but are you able to claim genuine hardship caused by the charges - as on another thread again today the FSA have repeated that the banks should deal with these cases - also there are suggestions that the OFT statement which infers the case may not even be heard is worth quoting - I will post the links later

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thanks Jan,

I hadn't sent my reply to the Court so I pulled it and used a lot of what you have mentioned. Also said to the Judge :-

With due respect to the Court, it is suggested that a 5 year delay in any decision is not beyond reasonable question and I fail to see why my case should be held up on delay, on one point of Law, which will more likely than not be decided out of Court before a Legal decision can be made.

I try to keep up with the fresh posts every day or so otherwise it gets too much.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Case now transferred to Bristol County Court.

Either,

1 Judge playing for time because he knows something or

2 Judge passed it to his boss because of possible Contempt ruling against A&L or

3 my argument (about time involved for case to come to fruition being unacceptable) is seen as vaild.

Either way it isn't a final decision on the stay.

So have you actually got a hearing date to lift the stay - if so what is your main line of argument going to be?

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE