Acquired debt???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In order for them to take legal action against you they must provide you with a Notice of Assignment. This is a legal requirement.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have had plenty of threats from others but thanks to all this info thats all they do. But never a proper deed of assignment has been given .I have had one from Robinson way which was only signed by themselves, and I requested this out of curiosity my other arguements the one about an application form is keeping them busy .I have yet to reply to this wonderful document as I have been side tracked with Hillesden and Citi .Will start a thread on this when I can .

In order for them to take legal action against you they must provide you with a Notice of Assignment. This is a legal requirement.

Rory this is the part many are missing out - Kings Hill No1 Ltd (now Cabot UK Ltd) Nobody has ever seen any form of letter on Kings Hill headed note paper.

Perhaps they forgot to make templates for this with all the other paper they have?

Thank you all for your kind offers of office space etc. I think our legal dept (Gt Aunt Ruth and her knitting) might be better placed in a temperature controlled greenhouse, as things are likely to get a little warm on the legal side.

I think this would be the perfect opportunity for a retired Vicar looking to continue 'the good fight', or someone wanting to get their name in the Social History books as a modern day version of Robin Hood, leading the fight against oppressive and aggressive collection techniques.

It might just be worth a try ;)

• Haha 1

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction." Newton(?)

So what's wrong with setting up a company/charity which 'buys' the liability for a debt from people recently bereaved, disabled, unable to pay debts.

Register several different companies/charities at the same office (garden shed) and appoint someone resident overseas as the head dude.

No need for bankruptcy, no nasty phone calls and all those pointless letters end up at the council recycling depot where they belong. Eventually each company will be closed by a court and made bankrupt, but it will take all it's debts with it, and another takes it's place.

Just a little idea to put purchasers out of business.:)

Dannyboy, I think this is brilliant!! :)

dannyboy660 Thank you all for your kind offers of office space etc. I think our legal dept (Gt Aunt Ruth and her knitting) might be better placed in a temperature controlled greenhouse, as things are likely to get a little warm on the legal side.

I think this would be the perfect opportunity for a retired Vicar looking to continue 'the good fight', or someone wanting to get their name in the Social History books as a modern day version of Robin Hood, leading the fight against oppressive and aggressive collection techniques.

It might just be worth a try :wink:

- Just brilliant! :D xx

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Discontinued my case with Citi today no point as I had confirmation by email that the ICO could not assist me any further (Worth a go ) they suggested I go down the route of Trading Standards and FOS , chasing Hillesden now (for non compliance of the CCA 1974), so I have already wrote them numerous letters my compliants to Trading Standards and the OFT will be starting next week , I need as much ammo as poss if I consider taking them to court.I would prefer them to argue with me having the backing of Trading Standards at least.