Tiscali packages and pricing con.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh dear....I have had good service from Tiscali until today!

Realised they have been charging me £17.99 for a £14.99 service.

My argument centres around the fact that they haven't informed me everyone else is receiving 8mb for the price I've been paying for 2mb...for the last ten months!

When I signed up a few years ago it was a good deal, but things have moved on since. I called them today and complained but apparantly it is my responsibility to keep up with their package deals by logging into my account. They say they have no mechanism to inform customers nor is it their responsibility.

Now, like many people I'm busy and their website isn't the most interesting so I never go there.

I spoke to a Supervisor and received the same response, I intend to complain but as they apparantly have no mechanism for repaying money back (really???) I could be on a loser....but my hackles have been raised!!! It's only £30 but that's not the point.

If the Gas or Electric companies realise they've over charged the money is refunded immediately...why should internet providers be different???

Any advice welcomed :D

wrinx

Guest louis wu

Not much advice, just a bit of moral support.

It's my experience that when you complain in writing, get beyond the first level of 'customer service' (i know...it was a joke:)), then things are generally a bit easier to 'negotiate'. And don't forget the good old back-up argument that you WILL go eslewhere if this isuue is not resolved with the correct conclussion.

good luck mate, let us know what happens

louis

I've been with Tiscali since 1999 and was on the £14.99 2mb for the last year. They sent an email at the end of last year to mention their new package of up to 8mb, Line Rental and 24/7 Uk 01 -02 calls, all for £19.99 per month.

When I enquired about going on to the package I was told it would be October when it was rolled out. At the same time they said new customers could go straight on to it, I was livid and requested a MAC code. They soon changed their minds and put me on the package and also waived the one off £30.00 payment.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Thanks for the info, saves me complaining about lack of notice :rolleyes:

....so I should have had an email which I chose to ignore/delete and not take them up on the offer.

Surely they should have reduced my package to £14.99 then the new ones came out :evil:

Still not impressed...

wrinx

You had a contract to pay £17.99 a month. If that's what you actually were charged then there was no breach of contract.

The supplier has no duty to notify you of other contracts it is offering. You chose a particular package, and you got what you contracted for.

Some packages are for a fixed period of 12 or 18 months. It is NOT a breach of contract for an ISP to offer a different package during that period. If you chose to lock-in at a particular price that is your choice.

Mmm, don't think I'm suggesting breach of contract but bad practice...perhaps it's the same thing in this case ;)

Most other companies I know would refund overpayments, why is this different? This was a service provided without a tie in or fixed contract as the intial period had finished some time ago iirc.

wrinx