Daughter v Aktiv Kapital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apart from withholding payment, just sit tight and do nothing at the moment.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Dispirited:)

I usually work it out from the day after receipt of the CCA, so 12 working days from 27th July, would be 13th August (in default), 30 calendar days (offence committed) would be 13th September.

I'm having fun with Ak Krap myself - their 30 days were up on 20th August - haven't bothered telling them they have committed an offence, will just wait until they write again;) - I have bigger fish to fry:D

Bo

• Haha 1

they askin her to ring them on a 0870 number?

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Although do keep a log of these texts, if they have defaulted on a CCA request then they're breaking OFT guidelines by continuing collection action.

• Haha 1

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

• 8 months later...

I'm resurrecting this thread because AK have reared their ugly heads again.

They defaulted on their CCA in September 2007. I wrote a nice default letter to them and they have been quiet since. But last month they started sending nasty letters again. They're now threatening court action or debt collectors. What should my daughter's next step be?

Indeed you do . One good thing about making a formal complaint regarding the cca request , ie them not stopping asking you for repayments , is they are going to have to address the fact they have received a request just by explaining how they are still erring and asking for payment ..and are forced to put that knowledge of a cca request into written correspondence . Which you keep in case it later goes to court or transferred, better their letters saying they have received your request , than ignored and a long silence followed by a new dca taking up the alleged debt sometime later and you relying on trying to prove you sent that old dca a cca request ages ago. You cannot complain that they do not supply the cca, that is the function of agencies such as TS to determine the outcome , but you can complain of their actions as subsequent consequence if they do not adhere to the guidelines/regulations. So, get in a complaint that regards the cca asap, they are bound to keep asking for money after failing to produce one.

That is for the DCA's that never acknowledge your cca request and do not want to respond to your inquiries, the ones that would rather brush it under the carpet and continue asking for monies hoping you forget all about it.

Edited by Rahl

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everybody

A quick update. Letter received from AK on 28 May. It said that they are not the original creditor, buying the debt gave them the right to collect. However, because they're kind they tried to get a copy of the original agreement but it is not available. They ended by saying 'we trust this clears matters up for you.'

Eh? :D

--

Next letter received from AK, on 5th June.

Please bear with us while we investigate the matter further. We will write with our findings in due course.

-

I guess we just sit and wait now?

:confused:

Game over for AK. No CCA, Equitably assigned debt - it's impossible for them to enforce. It's up to you if decide to pay them anything - no prizes for me in guessing what your answer to that one will be:D.

Let me know if you'd like an example of how I dealt with AK in this situation.

Thanks both for your replies. It's deja vous because they did the same last October, they couldn't produce a CCA but sent a long letter stating that because previous payments had been made it meant the debt had been acknowledged so they didn't need to, etc. etc. You know the story. :D

Then everything went quiet until now. So I'd really like to get a result this time round and hopefully get it sent back to the OC.

Thanks both for your replies. It's deja vous because they did the same last October, they couldn't produce a CCA but sent a long letter stating that because previous payments had been made it meant the debt had been acknowledged so they didn't need to, etc. etc. You know the story. :D

Then everything went quiet until now. So I'd really like to get a result this time round and hopefully get it sent back to the OC.

If it does get sent back to the OC, CCA them, and then use this if they can't produce:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/147392-cca-dcas-unfair-commercial.html

Let us know what happens please.

Good luck and best wishes.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Four months on & AK are still sending menacing letters and constantly phoning/texting my daughter. The letter received 2 weeks ago threatened court action (again!).

However, their letter yesterday had an offer stating they'd accept 50% of the debt, payable over 3 months. They said they will also update her credit file to show the debt satisfied. She's very tempted to go ahead but hasn't tried to claim any charges yet. Would any potential claim be affected?

Would appreciate any advice. Thank you.