Do We Still Have To Attend The Hearings?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My claim has been stayed in Southend court (which is unfortunate because I can barely afford to live) anyhow, was just wondering whether we have to go to the court for the hearings or whether absolutely everything is put on hold?

Thanks

Sarah

-x-

03/10/06-Data Protection Act request sent via recorded delivery

06/10/06- Letter signed for. 15th Nov cut off date.

10/10/06- Statements come in tatty brown envelope.

Will be claiming for £1946.22

23/10/06- Preliminary request for £1946.22 sent recorded delivery.

24/10/06-Letter signed for. 7th Nov cut off.

08/11/06- Standard letter received wanting more time.

23/03/07- Time up for NatWest to say whether defending or not.

19/03/07- Acknowledgement of service and saying was going to defend came through.

04/04/07- Deadline for Natwests defence.

03/04/07- Defence filed came through.

05/05/07- Letter from Court to say claim stayed until 27/06/07

25/06/07- Letter from court, claim stayed until further notice.

If you have had an order from the court stating that your claim has been stayed you do not need to attend a court hearing which was set before the court order. If it is simply the bank who are telling you the claim has been stayed then you need to attend any hearing.

which is unfortunate because I can barely afford to live

Hi Sarah,

If this is the case, go to Court and state your case for the hearing to go ahead as planned without a stay being applied - tell the Judge that the OFT have said that cases of financial hardships should not be stayed, but should be heard by the Court regardless of the test case.

If they are having none of it and apply the stay, ask for leave to appeal anyway - leave may be refused, but you can escalate that if the need arises.

Fight your corner, or they'll walk all over you though - you have plenty of support from this forum, so keep your chin up!

My claim has been stayed in Southend court (which is unfortunate because I can barely afford to live) anyhow, was just wondering whether we have to go to the court for the hearings or whether absolutely everything is put on hold?

Thanks

Sarah

-x-

See my posts - I appealed and the judge has at least agreed to see me on the original hearing date.

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE