2 bank accounts showing as delinquent on credit history due to bank charges

PJHilder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I just received a statutory report from Equifax and it's showing 2 bank accounts as being delinquent. These are both accounts that I don't use after as the amounts owed are simply the total of bank charges. I have other bills I need to pay first before I can think about paying any of that.

I'm a bit confused as they're both basic accounts so no overdraft etc yet they are showing as if they had agreed overdrafts. Of course this doesn't help my credit rating one bit. I'm just surprised to see them on there as 8 years ago when i last got into any kind of debt to a bank the account never showed up on my credit file.

Is this some new thing that's been introduced? Is there anyway I can have it removed since the amounts owed are all made up of bank charges?

Thanks all, :)

Paul.

Luckily I have the statements for both accounts so have a record of the charges.

Is it worth writing to them to claim back the charges and have the records removed? The whole recent FSA thing has confused me some what.

Paul.

Hi

You can certainly start the ball rolling then when the case is resolved you will have finished the steps and you will get your payout.

Optimistic as ever ;)

I'm all for optimism, but banks are canny (look what they've been getting away with for years) and the OFT case isn't won yet.

Regards

Lantana

HI there

I am in exactly the same position as the OP. I wrote to the banks concerned and they have refused to remove the delinquint or default. I am going to wait for the outcome of the OFT case and then go for it.

One thing that annoys me however is the fact that the banks are still allowed to charge the charges even although we have to wait until the outcome of the court case. That's really unfair.

Gemspan

I was just reading up about the OFT case and it only mentions unauthorised overdraft charges. My Natwest account was only due to non payments of direct debits so I'm wondering if they were still ok to claim back?

Hi

Anything that can be regarded as a penalty charge ie refused dds, standing orders, bounced cheques - that sort of thing can be claimed back. However, I understand that all claims are being stayed at the moment in the Courts in England. It doesnt seem to be the case in Scotland though so I am going ahead!!!

Good luck

Gemspan