2nd Offer From Halifax!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent halifax my letter from the templates asking for all my charges back which amount to just over £2300. They sent a letter offering me £273 and for me to sign and return to them.

I want to know is there a template letter where i can say i accept the offer but i will be going to cour for the other £2000.

Can anyone help me out on this?

thanks

Main thing is don't deviate from your timetable and go ahead and send your Letter before Action as planned. You could add a bit saying you accept their offer as partial refund, but that you still expect refund in full. I did that with Capital One, but I ignored partial offer and pressed on with LBA and subsequently moneyclaim with Halifax...

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Start with something like this.......

Thank you for your reply dated XXXXX.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me ALL charges made on this account in the last 6 years, totalling £XXXX.00, by way of personal cheque.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I just added this to my L B A letter

on the ( date ) you made me a full and final offer of £273.00 .Unfortunately i find your offer of £273.00 totally unacceptable as full and final settlement, although i would accept this as part payment ot the charges levied towards me .

hope this helps and keep going you will win .

Halifax ACC 1

D.P.A sent 11/04.2006

Request for £190.00 sent 4/05/2006

£100 offer recieved 24/05/2006

L.B.A sent 30/05/2006

Moneyclaim submitted 3/07/2006

Paid up in full 27/07/2006

Halifax ACC 2

Request for £1218.00 + £261.34 int sent 30/05/2006

No response

£340.00 offer recieved 7/06/2006

L B A sent 14/06/2006

Moneyclaim submitted 3/07/2006

Paid up in full 27/07/2006

I sent two letters by recorded delivery and on the website they showed as not yet delivered, however when I rang royal mail and spoke to someone they had been delivered the next working day to when I posted them so might be worth a quick phone call to check that your letter has been signed for.

Juliet

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my LBA to the Halifax and the 14 days was due to expire tomorrow. Today i rec'd a 2nd offer letter from Halifax of £819, my 1st offer was for £273 and i told them to stick it!

My total request was for £2300 worth of charges.

The letter read

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks you for your recent letter. I attempted to call Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx today, but was unable to establish contact. On calling the house number and mobile number i was directed to voicemail services. For reasons of security, i did not leave a message.

I am sorry to learn you are unhappy with our initial offer to refund £273 worth of charges. Blah blah blah

I am prepared to increase my offer to £819 in full and final settlement. I will reiterate that future valid charges will stand and we reserve the right to close your account if you do not manage it correct. If you are prepared to accept this revised offer please sign and return the enclosed acceptance for in the pre paid envelope provided

blah blah

yours sincerely

Alan Greig

Senior Customer Relations Manager

Customer Relations

My question is do i still commence with court proceedings tomorrow as per my original letter, or do I send another letter kindly accepting their offer but i will pursue the remaining amount in court if i do not receive a cheque within the next 7 days? hope you guys can help and give me some advice

Lee

Threads merged - please try to keep posts together for this claim.

You can now start you claim without responding, since they did not offer the full amount and the deadline will be expiring anyway.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.