Small Credit Card Claim

BlunderCity
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around this forum for a while now but haven't yet pulled the trigger on anything. I'm ready to do that now.

I will start with a small claim relating to charges on my Lloyds TSB Asset card. This is a credit card.

I have worked out there were $120.00 worth of charges which I am currently including in the list of charges template.

I had two questions for you guys, one straightforward, the other one not.

1- What do you write on the "Claim Number" box? Cell B3 in the details.

2- What do you include in the interest boxes? Cell C12 and C13.

About number 2 I am not entirely clear whether you guys have included the card's rate of interest + 8% or if it is either one of the two. and what if the interest has jumped from say 18% to 29% and then back to 18% with interest probably calculated on a daily basis?

What do you guys do in that situation?

Thanks a lot.

Not sure it's really necessary to bump a thread afer 4 minutes!

You have not stated at which your claim is at but presumably you are at preliminary stage and this is to enable you to complete your schedule of charges.

Q1 - This will be supplied by the court when you submit your claim

Q2 - Depends which version of the spreadsheet you are using and what interest you are claiming

Q2 - Depends which version of the spreadsheet you are using and what interest you are claiming

Question 2: Well that's the problem. I have 2 different rates of interest and interest is probably calculated daily. It's not particularly transparent on the statement, it only shows total interest for that month but I imagine this is an aggregate interest rate.

I think this also occurs for current accounts. Do you guys calculate using daily interest rates?

Hi

These are the spreadsheets we use to calculate the interest:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Good luck, keep us posted.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

You have not stated at which your claim is at but presumably you are at preliminary stage and this is to enable you to complete your schedule of charges.

Q1 - This will be supplied by the court when you submit your claim

you are absolutely right.not necessary at all.so sorry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

OK I'm preparing my letter for what ought to be a straightforward case here (but hey you never know). The amounts are relatively small compared to other claims around here.

Could you tell me which format should I use for the schedule of charges to send alongside the letter? Do I enclose a copy of the spreadsheet (replacing the 8% rate by the interest they charged me on the charges) or do I simply send them a list of the charges and interest?

Remember this is a claim for less than $150 worth of charges and probably not much more in interest. I don't think they'll be fighting this too vigorously.

Another thing. This is a closed account but do you know if they try to punish you by removing your existing credit cards if you send them a claim? Also if you have a loan with the bank can they threaten you to repay it if you **** them off with claims?

Thanks guys (and girls of course)

;)

Hi

Is this the spreadsheet to include with your N1? If so you need to include the column with the 8% interest in. If it's to send with the Prelim or LBA letter, you should remove the 8% interest column.

Your credit cards, loans etc should not be affected unless they are in arrears, then they "may" call them in.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)