Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post never said they are definately going even though it does seem likely, its more of what is being discovered and what cattles are facing and whether they will be able to survive.

a lot of opinions seem to be that cattles will go, drowning welcome with them and this wouldn't surprise me.

you also have to remember there is much more going on in cattles than just welcome and I wonder if other areas of cattles are being scrutinized as well. The news of what's going on in cattles shows the seriousness and only they and involved parties know the true extent of bad practices carried out and the consequences of it all.

I understand its frustrating, especially knowing tactics welcome use but hold on there, be patient like others, meanwhile if you're having problems with welcome why not ask for help as loads give great advise on here.

Edited by Us versus Debt

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

as I said before I dont want them finished yet, I want them around just long enough for us to all get our money back from them.

I suspect that none of welcomes contracts are enforceable we just need a bit of legislation to back up which I understand is due soon

I advise anyone who comes on this forum to get an SAR to them & to get in a claim.

I would love to see the head of welcome in stocks so we camn all throw rotting veg at them:D

Hiya Traz

I'm about 15 mins away - yay for the mansfield people :D

Anyway all I know is I got my letter this morning - it was dated 1st october but says that as of (also) 1st October the Mansfield branch was being relocated to Nottingham.

Maybe the irony of being in the same buiding as the Citizens Advice Bureau was to much for them :rolleyes:

I think everyone should start a complaint to the ICO (see below)

Principle 1 basically means that by not asking for your security details they are illegally processing your information. This is my understanding of it anyway although you wont get compensation the ICO should fine them plus other things. Also adds more weight to any case going to the FOS:)

The Data Protection Principles:

1. Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless -

(a) at least one of the conditions in
Schedule 2
is met, and

(b) In the case of sensitive personal data, at least one of the conditions in
Schedule 3
is also met.

2. Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.

3. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant, and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they were processed.

4. Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.

5. Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.

6. Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.

7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

8. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.

In addition

Schedule 2 states that processing may only be carried out where one of the following conditions has been satisfied i.e. where;

• The individual has given his/her consent to the processing

• The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the individual

• The processing is required under a legal obligation

• The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the individual

• The processing is necessary to carry out public functions

• The processing is necessary in order to pursue the legitimate interests of the data controller or certain third parties (unless prejudicial to the interests of the individual).

Just wanted to check something. I've already sent a cca which they've failed on, although they're claiming my re-write didn't need a new agreement!!!! The 'welcome guru' that is post has advised me to re-issue a cca plus send an sar, done today......but........what happens if welcome go ****'s up before they comply??? Can my 'debt!!!!' (ha ha) be passed on to some mickey mouse dca??? Do i need to also lodge my complaint with someone???

HELP!!!!:eek:

Sorry to hijack just wanted to check something. I've already sent a cca which they've failed on, although they're claiming my re-write didn't need a new agreement!!!! The 'welcome guru' that is post has advised me to re-issue a cca plus send an Subject Access Request, done today......but........wha t happens if welcome go ****'s up before they comply??? Can my 'debt!!!!' (ha ha) be passed on to some mickey mouse dca??? Do i need to also lodge my complaint with someone???

They have 12+2 days to respond to a cca...sadly it isn't looking like they are gonna go completely down the pan in that time.

If they did, your debt would be sold to a dca.

If you have a complaint, you need to put it in writing to welcome and give them 4 weeks to resolve it. If 8 weeks pass and you're still not happy you can go to the FOS. You can go to the FOS earlier if they issue you with a final response

If they don't respond to your cca request, after 12+2 days you can legally withold payment until they comply.

Edited by emmilou1

If they are unable to respond satisfactorily to your CCA request, they cannot enforce the debt.

Whether or not assigning your debt to a 3rd party counts as enforcement, is open to debate. Depending on the T&Cs, they could probably argue that they could assign your account anyway. Certainly, other financial institutions have done so, even where the customer's account is all good and up to date. For no other apparent reason than, they don't want to be bothered with the type of account they are selling.

Personally, I find it incredible that companies are allowed to treat their customers like this. Which just proves how unfair the whole shebang is, from a consumer point of view.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I have, after 10 weeks, been compensated, and had my account cleared off :)

I didnt do the SAR thing, I had my agreement tucked away, so I just got it out and did the maths myself, sent the standard letter saying you owe me money, give it back. Then sent a really harsh letter to them when they sent out a questionnaire. Then give them their 8 weeks to reply, no response, rung up and spoke to them, explaining the situation, and what would happen if they didnt comply, used some special phrases that I've learnt due to my job, and hey presto, letter making me a 'good will offer'. Sent acceptance letter back, had my cheque, and then had a letter confirming my account had been closed! Bingo!

Thanks for the help guys, and best of luck!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks