Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/146721-re-consumer-protection-unfair.html

HAVE A NOSE

FOR THE RECORD

ITS ACCEPTABLE FOR A FINANCE COMPANY TO PHONE YOU ABOUT A MISSED PAYMENT AND ASK WHEN YOU WILL BE BRINGING THE ACCOUNT UP TO DATE.

ITS OK FOR THEM TO SAY YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED,

YES ONCE, MAYBE TWICE

THATS A MONTH

NOT A DAY

AGAIN, MONEY MAKING BY WELCOME,

REMEMBER PEOPLE, THEY THINK OF US AS POND LIFE

ALSO THE CHARGES MUST BE FAIR,

CLAIM THEM BACK , ONLY BANK CHARGES ARE STAYED

That is a disgrace! In a letter of complaint I sent regarding my incomplete SAR, I also complained about 7 charges on my account in December (phone calls), a few days later I got a call from their head office saying they had reversed the £70!! Only another £10K to go now!!

its so hard to comprehend how a company the size of cattles has done this for so long and got away with it. Surely must have known that they would get caught out sooner or later..... maybe it was a "lets make as much money as we can and scram". This thread should go down in history for the determined efforts to fight back. cant wait for my response to my SAR and get my argument rolling.

I have been charged £25 tonight for a home visit. They did not chap my door because last time they were sent packing instead they put a handwritten compliment slip through my door stating they tried to contact me by phone to find out when I was paying this month - I pay on the same day every month and I am not i arrears.

Therefore every time they phone me to find out when I am paying they charge me and because I have decided to no longer speak with them on phone they have started home visits to charge me more. :mad:

This company is criminal in the way it treats customers and I can not believe they have not been stopped before now

Yeah looks semi professional looking. Has a section entitled Promise of Service. and a sbusection entitled what to do should you be dissatisfied? Don't want to give too much away but I can private message you if you want added detail.

I have been charged £25 tonight for a home visit. They did not chap my door because last time they were sent packing instead they put a handwritten compliment slip through my door stating they tried to contact me by phone to find out when I was paying this month - I pay on the same day every month and I am not i arrears.

Therefore every time they phone me to find out when I am paying they charge me and because I have decided to no longer speak with them on phone they have started home visits to charge me more. :mad:

This company is criminal in the way it treats customers and I can not believe they have not been stopped before now

im surprised they have people stil doing door step visits

have you had anything returned yet Mojo8? I've had an incomplete one sent twice this month! They have until Tuesday to comply, then it's 7 day notice followed by County Court! Can't wait1

not received anything yet but am going to put my payments into a savings account rather than pay them in the hope that it will make them pull there fingers out

Post,

I have a policy schedule booklet from 22 may 2007 it is an 18 page a5 booklet stapled together.Have you seen one of these before?

quite jealous now, mine is only 4 pages.... and to make it worse its worthless... but then again....thats a good thing in the scheme of things

I saw a message about maximum charges but cannot remember who asked.

This is from mse someone very kindly posted them,

To anyone with an account with welcome finance, please check your account for charges.

It is stated within their own policy that they can NOT apply charges to a customers account for leaving messages.

£10 for a phone call has to be if they have spoken to the customer

£25 for a home visit if they have spoken to the customer or it has been prearranged and the customer was not present.

They also list a max number of charges which are set per customer not per account -

Phone call £10 max 4 per month

Letter £10 max 4 per month

Home visit £25 max 1 per month

TOTAL OF= £85.00

Please check your accounts if there are charges these have to be documented on their system for them to state you held a telephone conversation with them, if you did not they should not be charging you.

Also if you receive any hand written letters left through your door after a home visit, these letters are not authorised by welcomes compliance team and would urge anyone who has one to send it to their compliance dept in Nottingham.

You could also see a £50 charge on your account for what they call a skip trace, I would request proof of this as they can simply complete a credit enquiry (which does not cost them £50) to enable them to find you in the event you have moved and not told them. They are not authorised to complete skip traces with in their local branches untill the account is sent to what they call their Local Managment branch which means your account is over 60 days in arrears.

Hope this helps anyone with an account with the cattles cowboys.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks