• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Roxy v B,card refusing offer ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Princess,

1. Your SOC will auto-update the interest when you print it. Print out new copies of your SOC now, and use that for your form N1.

2. On the POC enter, BC a/c no. formerly xxxx, then yyyy, then wwww and finally a/c no zzzz.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Princess,

Have you given us your Lit'n details of your claim yet. If not please send me PM with

Bank

Claim no.

Sum Claimed

Date Iss'd

Thanks, Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

just had all my claim form returned ,+ cheque. says on letter ; your request for issue of claim is returned , please can you confirm if the defendant is a limited company..................... All this after one of the court staff went through ALL the documents to see if everything was in order.......ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. ROXY.... what actually is barclaycards true registered address,anyone know ??

Barclaycard

Barclays Bank PLC

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Roxy, this one should do. Jeesh - don't it drive ya mad !

Slick

thanks slick returned all documents yesterday,to exactly same address that you posted .lady on desk said it was her fault, so why couldnt she insert the letters PLC herself ,anyway sorted now, cheers slick ,eventually we will get a result.............ROXY

• 3 weeks later...

after courts making another mistake ,finally got case issued, BC must put in a defence by Dec 7th, no doubt they will, at last minute, so getting a few docs together for when they do, does anyone know if BC are taking their cases to the wire , like Barclays......Roxy

Hi PR,

BC are settling quite readily at the mo, so don't be surprised if they call you to settle when they get your case or after AQ's are d/w.

Slick

PR,

Keep updated SOC handy just in case.

Fingers crossed.

Hi PR,

No, don't ring - wait for letter.

I suspect it'll be good news but I don't want to put the mockers on ya !

This is just standard practice.

Wait for letter from BC. Fingers X'd for you too.

just received a letter from courts saying bcard have issued a defence,4 pages makes frightening reading ,and signed by their solicitor. also received AQ to return to court by the 17th Dec, when going through paperwork, have found iv put in a SOC payment that is just over 6 yrs.do i need to contact court right away and let tem know about this, getting very nervy now, would appreciate some advice ......thanks.........Roxy

Hi PR,

You don't need to worry about the SOC having a charge outside the six years. Was it IN DATE when you issued your claim?

Either way, don't worry - if it's spotted it can be taken off the settlement figure. It may go through without any problem. Don't contact BC about it.

Can you post up the 1st 2 points of BC's defence.

Hi Slick ,this account has had numerous account numbers, about six in all due to lost or stolen cards, in my POC i used the words."present account number........ " however what account number ive used bc have always acknowledged it in their replies to me.i have a list of the numbers and dates they began should i forward a copy to court and bc.....................1st 2 points of defence read.................1...the particulars of claim are summary and do not provide details of the account held with the defendant. Accordngly,this defence is summary in nature and the defendant reservesthe right to amend this statement of case in due course..2..to the extent it is alleged that the claimant incurred charges on the claimants account for unauthorised borrowings (whether late payment fees, exceeding authorised credit limit fees, or any other such fees (the "charges"),the defendant puts the claimant to strict proof of each charge and the date thereof.......... iam still waiting to hear from the litigation team about settlement should i not do anything until i hear from them ? would you advise anything else ............... Roxy

Hi PR,

Have you supplied court or BC with a schedule showing in detail the dates which applied to each a/c number. If not, you should prepare this and have it ready to supply if required.

Sorry, I should have asked for 1st THREE points of BC defence. Please post point 3 as well.

If you've had nothing from BC by tomorrow, email Kate at BLT and ask her for update as you've not rec'd anything from them yet.

Hi Slick, i did originally add a schedule of dates and acc numbers to my N1 formbut decided to only submit this to the courts if they asked for it , but copies are in hand. ........3rd pointof defence is ..the defendants standard terms and conditions which the claimant accepted upon opening the account entitled the defendant to debit the charges from customer accounts upon certain events (including but not limited to exceeding account credit limits and/orunauthorised borrowing and/or failing to sufficient monthly payments by the required date).......also said at begining of defence is,...... barclaycard is a trading division of barclays bank plc and not a legal entity in its own right.......if nothing in post today shall ring bcard lit dept, and see what they say........ will keep you posted .... Roxy

Hi PR,

Good - so you have a schedule re a/c nos. and dates ready if required.

Let us know what you hear back from BLT.

It looks standard to me but it hopefully won't even be relevant to you negotiating a settlement with BC.

BTW, when I got MY defence through from Barclays, I trully felt this was a disaster and they'd picked on ME to tear to pieces in court to use as a warning to other claimants.

Turned out the defence was bog standard and not good enough to stop me winning.

:) Decided to ring BCard Litigation Dept to see if they were willing to settle after receiving A/Q from the court. i was told a letter will be with you within 7 days giving me their decision.and today letter arrived.......PAID IN FULL INTEREST AND COURT COSTS.............thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way, and a special thank you to Slick ,for the advice and encouragement.couldnt have done it without you......Roxy.