sent my letter requesting charges

kprime
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there just to let you all know ive sent a letter to a+l asking for last 6 yrs worth of charges as i have no record of these,just waiting to hear from them now will let you know how i get on.

yeah im new been looking in here for a while but just decided to send the letter im getting a little nervous as i dnt know what the reply will be, but hey wot have i got to lose

Open a parachute account too, because A&L have stated that they will close accounts of people who claim.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

ive got two other accounts that are free at the moment with other banks i may sound thick but what is a dpa ,Idont want statements just charges,do they still charge £10 for that,i didnt know,where will i find info on dpa:confused:

Under the Data Protection Act (DPA) they must supply you with a breakdown of charges levied against your account for the last 6 years. The template is in the Bank Templates Library. They have 40 days to comply. You then add up the charges and send a preliminary letter asking for your money back. They tell you to bog off and you then send a letter before action (also in the library). After that you file a claim if they haven't paid up at that point (and don't forget the 8% interest you're entitled to add at that point). You'll get lots of advice here so anything you're not sure about just ask. Good that you have other accounts. Do send the DPA letter, though, and then you can be sure that you are claiming for the full amount that they owe you. Good luck.

hello DPA stands for data protection act, you are entitled to get all your statements back for a £10 fee, there is a standard letter which you can copy in the templates section. You should also ask for the details of any manual interventions that may have been done on your account as the banks can claim these as legitimate charges. (If they have phoned you etc)

I am just a beginer myself but if you read the FAQS and take the advice given then you will win through in the end. Hilary

Fingers crossed for you. Spend the time you are waiting getting really familiar with everything, because the more you understand it, the less frightening it all is.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

well now im just sitting back and waiting hehe,when my statments come can any1 tell me wot im claiming for,am i claiming for everything or everything but monthly charges of £25.00,thats made when they pay a cheque or dd ,they charge me 25.00 for dd and 34.00 for paid cheque also 25.00 on 25th of the following month(im sure there allowed that charge though)as they write and tell you and give you notice of it coming out,cnt wait to get them back,but im scared aswell hehe:)

i sent mine to mal boyes at alliance and leicester at bootle liverpool gir 0aa and made cheque payable to a+l crossed payee only -good luck

Hi Every one, I am new to claiming charges and have been robbed by the banks for years. Now its time to fight back. I am going the whole hog, i have about 5 banks that i need to deal with. I have also spread the word about it to friends etc who are also very interested in getting their money back. The more people who fight the more the banks quake in their boots.

So far when dealing with bank staff, they seem so defendent of the banks profits as if it were their own money, yet two years down the line they are out of a job because the greedy profit making banks have shed jobs, as usual for more profits and replaced staff with automated voice machines or for staff in a call centre across the other side of the world (who i can't understand, no offence). Even their jobs will be on the line when banks move the call centres to China, even cheaper labour and more profits to the banks. Only a matter of time when they get sheep trained to speak and do the job.

yes I do agree with you. I hate the Indian call centres and the "English" names they use, When they ring up now and say its Paul Smith or something, I just say, well you have started off by lying to me so why shoud I listen to anything else you have to say! I wrote to com plain to one as their English was so poor I could only make out the odd word. I said its not being racist just practicle, I would not employ a one legged footballer so why do you employ peeps with poor English to speak on the phone!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

just a quick update a just about ready to file a claim online against a+l as they say charges are lawful and all that best £120 im gunna spend in a long time im nervous though but claiming £2570 as they have charged me again another 100.00 so adding that on too now wish me luck will let you know my claim number as soon as i know

Agreed - finding £120 when working on an already tight budget was difficult but I figured well worth it - I WILL be getting it back soon anyway!!! :-)

You don't need luck, you will get back what is rightfully yours and all of us in the same position right now are probably holding our breath waiting to see if we will be the first in court. That said there are plenty here who plucked up the courage and got their money back, that gives us encouragement. Keep us posted!