News Regarding Banks Procedure Now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

think everyone should continue as normal ,, carry on with claims and keep calm til we hear any different , many courts are continuing as at the end of day is up to judge to decide not banks as judges dont take orders from the banks as far as i know lol ,, :)

• Haha 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as Cilla would say Surprise Surprise to me today,i got home from work to find a letter from the Financial Ombudsman via the Halifax,who have offered me £1.147 to settle the dispute.I now have ten days to consider their offer and must get back to them with a signed acceptance form.If i accept their offer.

Sure its great,that would be my holiday spending money,However.......The Halifax have never sent me copies of my statements,i don,t have them either.I didn,t have a figure in my head of how much they owed me.So how do i know if they are offering me the correct figure,or they are just in a hurry to pay up thinking i will accept because of the OFT test case,ie i get my money quicker

Moneyhelp. This is my blow by blow account of the story.i sent a standard letter to my registered Halifax branch,asking for my statements going back 6 years,which i sent via registered post.This was sent 14th April.I gave them six weeks to reply,nothing,no letters/phone calls etc.I sent them another letter telling them they had gone against my request of not responding.I gave them another 14 days to reply,they never did,and to this day i don,t know if they ever recieved that letter.Even though it was recorded delivery,i went on royal mail,s site to trackno sign of it.

I then called the Financial Ombudsman,basically telling them i didn,t know what to do or how to go about tackling the Halifax.I filled a brief form and returned it to them.I then had a letter from the FO to say they had written to the Halifax,asking them to explain how they come about charging me my charges.In the meantime i had a letter from the Halifax saying tough basically and their charges were fair.I passed this back to the FO.Who then wrote back to me saying they had written to the Halifax again and would be in touch within 6 weeks to let me know how things were progressing.Then this offer today.That is EXACTLY how this has progressed.No statements my friend,didn,t cash my £10 cheque.

Well, as Cilla would say Surprise Surprise to me today,i got home from work to find a letter from the Financial Ombudsman via the Halifax,who have offered me £1.147 to settle the dispute.I now have ten days to consider their offer and must get back to them with a signed acceptance form.If i accept their offer.

Sure its great,that would be my holiday spending money,However.......The Halifax have never sent me copies of my statements,i don,t have them either.I didn,t have a figure in my head of how much they owed me.So how do i know if they are offering me the correct figure,or they are just in a hurry to pay up thinking i will accept because of the OFT test case,ie i get my money quicker

Hi Mixman

hate to admit this but I was in a similar situation myself with 1 account out of 3 and did not have statements for 1. It goes back to my original SAR for full banking history, only recently have they given me the statements.

They went throught the normal refuse/ review team, 50% then 100% routine. I had no proof that the 100% was in fact that. However, I discussed it with them and they put it in writing that it was full 100%.

Later, I got the statements and they had in fact told me the truth.

Heres hoping something similar happens with you!!

If you request them to confirm it in writing and it turns out not to be, hopefully you would have a case later on. Personally, these staff have no real loyalty to HBOS and are trained to sniff out charges and count them.

Hopefully you will get the full amount through a phone call, which I believe works, at least for me!

I'm going for the charges i found when they sent me ALL of my statements AFTER my court claim had started for seven years. Claim for this last £100 will be filed this week.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I love a good court claim now.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

If you look at my earlier posts on this thread,you will see i was given an offer from the Halifax, Via the financial ombudsman.

Just to update you,before accepting the offer of £1,417,i wrote back to the F/O just to enquire as to how the Halifax had come to their figure and that i,d never recieved any statements from them.

The F/O informed me that they had checked all the documentation and advised me to accept the offer,which i did..

Today i recieved a letter from the F/O to say that the bank will make payment to me within the next 6 weeks.

can someone please explain as to why it takes so long to put money in my account when it seems these financial operations are so quick to take money off me.

No I'm afraid, I'm lost for words. In 3 interim payments from BoS so far, it took them 5-6 days.

Try phoning FOS, claim financial hardship. Ask for the interest, if its not too late. ;)

and...............

well done!!

Please post as things progress.