Help! I think I've messed up with my claim for interest...

bleachyschick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lloyds have offered to settle and today deposited a sum in my account- which is great news but they have only included around £15 of interest when I calculated the figure to be around £600.

I have started to doubt myself as although I included the recommended text in my MCOL about charging interest at 8%, the amount of £588 to date and the daily rate of £0.37 per day until settlement or judgement I think I may have messed up when filling in the MCOL paperwork.

On the printout of my claim it shows in the 'amount claimed' box I put in only the charges- (not including the interest)

I now suspect that I should have put in the bank charges plus the interest...

Can anyone offer any advice as I am now kicking myself!! Can I still ask for the interest or will lloyds only payout what is on the particulars of claim form?

The story so far...

28-2-07 Copy statements requested

10-3-07 (Partial) Copy statements arrived

13-3-07 Prelim request for refund posted (recorded delivery)

19-3-07 Royal mail finally get round to deliving Prelim letter :mad::???:

01-05-07 First 'sod off' letter received from Lloyds

4-05-07 LBA sent out

Nasty Lloyds couldn't bother to respond so....

25-5-07 MCOL submitted

30-5-07 Claim issued

27-6-07 Defence filed

09-07-07 Lloyds Solicitors offer to settle (albeit with incorrect interest figure)

16-7-07 Letter to Lloyds sols refusing incorrect figure but agreeing to settle with correct figure

bleachyschick

i did something very similar.

the info in my poc was correct but when i transfered the details into the "amount claimed" box i was short of £350+. i ammended the form before i sent it into the court by crossing it out and putting the correct amount in

as long as its correct on yor particulars of claim, i dont think u have anything to worryabout if u decide to go ahead and claim the rest.

goodluck if u do :D

Thanks for the reassurance christina but I filed the claim 2 months ago! Surely I am too late to change it now and I am sure Lloyds will quote that they will only settle the amount in the 'Amount Claimed' bow

The story so far...

28-2-07 Copy statements requested

10-3-07 (Partial) Copy statements arrived

13-3-07 Prelim request for refund posted (recorded delivery)

19-3-07 Royal mail finally get round to deliving Prelim letter :mad::???:

01-05-07 First 'sod off' letter received from Lloyds

4-05-07 LBA sent out

Nasty Lloyds couldn't bother to respond so....

25-5-07 MCOL submitted

30-5-07 Claim issued

27-6-07 Defence filed

09-07-07 Lloyds Solicitors offer to settle (albeit with incorrect interest figure)

16-7-07 Letter to Lloyds sols refusing incorrect figure but agreeing to settle with correct figure