Who Pays For Elderly Mentally Infirm Nursing Care?

Rob S
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Bankoff,

Your stance is similar to the one I have taken, with the main difference being that we agreed to the PCT moving my father into a EMI home on the basis they would fund the costs pending the case going to the SHA for a panel review. Although we have got the panel review to agree with us the battle is by no means over. I will have to keep on fighting this case as the PCT will do everything they can to re-assess my father to show he is no longer eligible.

PS Could a Mod contact me by a means other than PM so that I can address some confidential site issues please?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Borolad63. Do you want to claim back nursing home fees already paid on behalf of your parents? If so, the first port of call is to your parents local PCT to ask for a Retrospective Review of NHS funding.

May I ask the nature of your parents health problems? Please also start a thread specifically to focus on your parents cases, just so we don't get muddled with this one.

Just shout with any questions you have.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi emmaf01

1) What is a PCT?

2) we are looking to reclaim back fees paid on behalf of our parents

3) I will have to back to you with regards to my parents health problems, I need to check their death cert.

4) We had to sell our parents house to pay for the care costs.

5) We have asked both care homes to provide the care notes they have on my mother and father and both care homes are refusing to supply.

PCT is the primary care trust - the organisation that funds health care locally.

The death certs may not have all the health problems on - they will just have the cause of death and contributing factors.

It will be helpful if you can establish waht type of care they were receiving - residential, nursing or EMI. Do you know what (if any) level of funding they received.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

Look here-

NHS funded Continuing Care and the Coughlan case

For what reasons did your parents go into the nursing home?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Do I write a letter to the PCT for each parent?

And what would be the content of the letters?

What is a retrospective review of NHS funding?

Sorry for asking these questions I am new to this and also new to forums.

You can probably send one letter if they were covered by the same PCT. The technical name for getting the PCT to see if they need to refund the costs already paid for your parents nursing care is a "Retrospective Review of NHS Continuing Care Funding".

Sorry, you still haven't said why your parents were in the nursing homes- why this was and who recommended they went into the nursing homes are what dictates what you put in the letter. If you aren't comfortable saying in the open forum, feel free to PM me. I have been through this process and won so I have some idea of what you need to do.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi,

Very interested in this thread,

I am in Scotland,

Does the same apply?

my gran went into a home in 2006 at dr's and social advice due to alzeimers and bascially her private and state pension is used for this,

would it be possible for her to claim this?

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

http://www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/mels/CEL2008_06.pdf

I found the scottish notes!

I think my gran is eligable, as per the above link I will be contacting her social worker next week and asking for a referral,

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)