late payment fee and default notices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Took a second mortgage out with i group i have late payment fees of £360.00 had reply from company saying charges are fair. Should i try and give them a call or write letter stating what court i intend to take them to. i also have charges of £117.50 for discharge costs and £58.75 administration charges can i claim for these thank you:-?

Hi, the discharge fee are what they charge for discharging the mortgage.

If the fee is different to the amount they told you it would be in the original mortgage, then you can claim the difference back. I was with northern rock and initial Docs said mortgage discharge fees would be £85, but when changed mortgage co they charged £195, so i wrote asking if was entitled to refund THey wrote back saying yes ,of £110 and sent it no probs.

Admin charges, i think you prob could claim back, it depends on wether they were actually fo something, or just for admin of being in arrears, if latter you should be able to claim them back.

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

I would advise reading around in the forums to learn the art of claiming, and what response you are likeley to get from the banks etc.

All the banks say their charges are fair & reflect the true cost of admin you account, We know different, and the response so far is a standard reply.

Your first letter was what is called your prelim letter, this is then followed up with a letter before action or LBA which you must send before starting court claim. To start a court claim you must familiarise yourself of filling in a claim, and there are various pitfalls to avoid.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

Dont rush into it, see if you can find a forum dealing with the same bank as you are wishing to claim from, that way questions are more relevant to you as all the banks work in different ways, no set pattern

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

thank for your reply i have sent g e money a letter saying i would accept the lower amount including 8% interest. i have had no response. i have looked at your advise but i dont think i have been charged a overdraft interest, i also have a default so your letter is interesting so should i claim for the lower amount or the full amount including the 8% interest, taking out the wording of overdraft interest