Small start first

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am seriously considering action against my bank for ridiculous charges made by them over the years, firstly I have to get cash together to be able to request a full bank statement for the last 5/6 years. Anyway to start with I want to resolve a current problem with them, my account is in arrears right now at the sum of £65.79 and is increasing daily by £8. I only receive one benefit in my bank which is child tax credit, no other money is received.

This week my account has received 2 charges of £35 for unpaid direct debit, I find it dumb that they paid the direct debits both times, then recalled them and slapped a £35 charge each time and since charged me £8 per day on my account. The first one is dated 18/7/07 when they recalled direct debit and charged £35, but then they also applied a charge of £25 for being overdrawn last month, I find it ironic that they choose not to pay DD`s due to insufficient funds but decide they can still apply their charges. The recent DD charge is dated 19/7/07, again charging £35, and they have charged me daily £8 since they first overdrawn my account. I literally have no money so can`t pay the OD to stop the charges, and I fear that by the time I do get paid child tax credit next saturday the bank will take most of the money for these outrageous charges. It is the banks own charges which is putting my account in further arrears.

Is there anything I can do to get the bank to stop these charges increasing further (taking into account I have no money to pay in to the account to clear the "unauthorized overdraft"), I would appreciate any help on this smaller matter as I don`t want to end up with next to no money next week to put food on the table and to pay bills.

When I have enough money to get my statement I will definately be battling YB because I really have had enough:-x

Fist of all send this to your bank http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/36790-bank-taking-your-benefits.html then open a parachute account http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

Then get the ball rolling on your claim, read this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html and everything you can in here, arm yourself with plenty of knowledge and go and get back what is rightfully yours. If you can afford the £10 for your SAR, I would strongly suggest you start your claim NOW!

Good luck with your claim and keep us posted.