2nd letter to Abbey

bainsw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been looking through the threads and I'm really impressed bythe support on this forum.

I will share my experience with Abbey: I sent a list of my charges totaling £1,600, they sent me a letter back informing they would credit my account by £420 which has gone in. How do I contest the outstanding amount when they have already sent me this partial refund - which I did not ask or agree to!:?

thank you!

There is a thread called rejecting offers (cant remember the address off hand), or you could put something like this which is what I sent.

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxxx, sent 2nd class and received xxxxxxxx offering a goodwill gesture of £xxxxxx. I respectfully decline your offer of settlement.

You may not have been aware that I commenced legal action against you for the full amount plus interest and costs on xxxxxxxxxx2007 with xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Court, and I would therefore ask that you now refer this matter to your legal department for further instruction. (Claim Number xxxxxxxx).

Having checked my account, I noted that the above account was credited with xx refunds (totalling £xxxxxx.

I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer as full and final settlement and the money transferred to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance. I hereby authorise you to remove this sum accordingly.

Alternatively, should you wish to settle my claim in full, then please forward the balance of the claim £xxxxxxx without further conditions and I will inform the court that the claim is settled.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully,

Give them two weeks to take the money back (they wont) then just send a note to the court only, saying

Dear Sir/Madam,

Claim Number: xxxxxxxx

Could you please make a note of the following on my file.

I rejected a Goodwill Gesture of £xxxxxx from Abbey in settlement of my claim, and gave them authorisation to remove the sum from my account accordingly.

Its been two weeks since the money was credited to my account, and to date, they haven’t taken it back out . Therefore, I will accept the £xxxxxxx as part settlement.

thanks for the prompt response Jules. Should I contact the court for the claim number prior to this step -I'm guessing yes seeing as I quote it on the letter?

it doesnt really matter whether you do or not, they will ignore you until a court date is given now lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed