Babble vs Cabot/Monument

babble
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suggest that the central library in Grimsby is a convenient place for me to view these documents. Please confirm when you will be presenting them for examination as per the aforementioned Order.

Excellent, also add VJ's comments & you may also want to add:

Otherwise, please suggest an alternative time & place that will be mutually convenient within the next 7 days. (or however long they have to fulfil inspection request)

VJ - can you answer the query on the signature on the N265 please?Can/will the court refuse admission of the docs because there is no signed disclosure or will they just brush over it?This is an important point for babble's CMC.

Edited by foolishgirl
addition

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that...would've been sooner but having a nightmare trying to get the internet to work :(

I've adpated my letter which I'll email them shortly and post tomorrow too.

I've just had a quick read through those documents vjohn...makes interesting reading.....I think they've failed on 31.10 (7) as they haven't identified the person making the statement or why he is making it.

This omission needs bringing forcibily to the attention of the DJ at the CMC & ask for directions on disclosure. However wait & see what happens with your request for inspection first as I suspect you may be asking for quite a bit...;)

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Well I've just emailed Morgans with the request. It'll also be in the post to them. If they try to make out that it should have been sent to cabot I'll point to the fact that on the claim form it says all correspondence to Morgans and on the disclosure statement it doesn't include who has made the statement.

I think that maybe at the CMC I need to point out the finding from the Wilson case where they quite clearly stated that as companies have an advantage in the fact that they can access legal assistance easily (and in the case of cabot they have their own in-house solicitors) the onus is on them to do everything to the letter of the law....then go on to point out how they have not (in respect of the legal process rather than detail of the case) and conclude that not only does this show a lack of respect for me but also to the Law.....be interesting to see how they think they'll manage to worm out of that...

then of course there's the flaws in many of their statements and the actual lack of a real agreement, DoA, etc

Well seven days since I emailed my request to inspect documents and also sent a letter by post and yet no response. I'm sure they'll try to wriggle out of it somehow (I couldn't afford to send it by recorded delivery so they might try to make out they haven't received it - although how they deny receiving an email is going to be a good one....especially as their transaction log shows them as receiving the previous email I sent to them).

Well seven days since I emailed my request to inspect documents and also sent a letter by post and yet no response. I'm sure they'll try to wriggle out of it somehow (I couldn't afford to send it by recorded delivery so they might try to make out they haven't received it - although how they deny receiving an email is going to be a good one....especially as their transaction log shows them as receiving the previous email I sent to them).

Oops:)

I am not sure what your next move is. When is the CMC ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The CMC is 7th May so a while away but every little thing like this helps me.....it'll be quite funny if I'm there and they are not (as it says in the schedule they sent to me they aren't available on the 7th May).

It's quite useful that it quite clearly shows them receiving an email from me because they can't say that the email address is wrong (and they haven't included an email address on any of the court documents) and it can be proven they have received it if they try to deny it. Unfortunately for them I had to check on things like this in my last job.....as they say 'deleting doesn't usually erase something' there is always a trail unless you destroy the computer system and everything linked to it and I don't think their ISP would be too happy to destroy all their equipment and files, lol.

• 2 months later...

Any news Babble???

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.