Abbey charges

Dick-Turpin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello forum this is my first posting....I received all of my statements and requested a refund of my charges, after two months I received a letter dated 29 June 2007 stating that as a gesture of good will they will be putting in my account what amounts to 1/5th of the total claimed amount this was to take place within the next ten days - nothing as yet! The letter stated that I also have up to 8 weeks to appeal against the decision. Is there a standard letter that appeals against their award or lack of it without it being the LBA or is that my only route from here?

There is a letter somewhere in the libraries I think. Basically it stipulates that you accept there GOGW as part payment of the amount owed but you will continue to persue the balance through the court. I would suggest that what they are doing is just a delaying tactic as you say the money hasn't been paid as yet. If I were you, I would move your case forward by going to the LBA. Why did you wait eight weeks from the first letter?

Abbey will delay at every opportunity and leave everything to the last minute, they want you to basically get tired and give up, DONT. The money the offer is merely a carrot being dangled and if you accept they get away with only paying one fifth of what they owe you.

Get things moving and although no expert myself I will help you if I can. So will others on this site. By the way welcome to CAG.

Simon:)

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

Hi there

As a first step, why don't you call the Complaints Dept to query the whereabouts of the refund?

There have been a couple of instances where people have had the same thing, and when they have asked where the money is, been told that actually they are not getting a GoGW at all - it is a standard letter and they "forgot to remove that paragraph!" There's incompetence for you. :(

Or it could be the case that the whole of the refund is made up of the cancellation of future charges, therefore you won't see any money!!

Once you know the situation for certain, then you can either send a rejection:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

or the LBA:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Hope that helps - let us know how you get on.

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Hi thanks for the advice Simon and Jo in answer to Jo's question I did call on Friday and they are to escalate my query, we will have to wait and see if they are as good as their word. In the mean time, I will file an LBA as you suggested Simon. Unfortunately I am the type of person that likes to give people the benefit of doubt and, if necessary, will use the legal route. I actually advised a friend of mine who bank is with Lloyds and from her initial letter to settlement it took 3 weeks even with negotiating which lloyds conducted over the phone, no ifs or buts, so was hoping that Abbey might have the same good customer service, obviously not!

Heather

• 3 weeks later...

Finally received some payment but this is also to cover the next lot of fees about to come out too, I have rejected this as a settlement in full. Going for the lot! Sent a LBA to see what move they make next. Just waiting on a reply, just might call them to see their response, has anyone else done this and has it acheived any results?

Hi, I phoned Abbey today and they said they were putting all claims on hold until the 'Test Case' results but I am going ahead with issuing my claim anyway as my local court said they are not automatically 'staying' the claims.

Good Luck, I would stick to your timetable as the 'Test Case' could take 12 months.

Lizzy

To Love & Be Loved Is The Essence Of Life

Hi, I phoned Abbey today and they said they were putting all claims on hold until the 'Test Case' results but I am going ahead with issuing my claim anyway as my local court said they are not automatically 'staying' the claims.

Good Luck, I would stick to your timetable as the 'Test Case' could take 12 months.

If they said that to me i'd have said "Sorry, which judge am I talking to";)

I just hope they keep ignoring my claim until the end of the month so I can get them struck out and get my cheque.:D