Hastings have cancelled car insurance

cecilrhode
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey guys..... im another victim of hasting not so direct policy. im a 19 year old male so the cancelled my policy to. ive already started the complaint procedure throught the fos on my behalf and have also been in touch with the bbc watchdog.

i also recived a letter from hasting about my legal cover, does this meen that they are still charging me for legal cover even tho the policy is cancelled.

does anybody know a freepost address for hastings??, we should all send them bricks and yellow pages to ther free post address!

has anybody had a reply to a complaint from hastings yet, and does anybody know the possible outcome from a complaint...... are we intitled to compensation of loss of no claims and the extra cost for a new policy?

also i wasnt aware that i was underwritten by highways, i thort the fact that they call themselves "HASTINGS DIRECT", anybody would have thort you wer dealing with a underwitter direct!

GRRRR....... cost £155 deposit on new insurance, and hasting dont refund me the pro rata refund untill after the policy had ended and also had the cheek to send my a ****ing cheque, i paid them direct through the bank, why should they send me a cheque.... total ******s

Not withstanding issues regarding misquote etc, the fact that these policies have been invalidated by Highway, Hastings should provide a full return in premium without admin charge etc as technically it would appear that the policies are voided from inception and any costs incurred by Highway should be bourne by Hastings.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

• 3 weeks later...

has anybody complained to the ombudsmen after reciving there final responce? im not sure wot ground im complaining on, compensation for

1. loss of no claims

2. personal time spent dealing with getting re-quotes

3. worries tryiong to raise a deposit in 7 days,

4. embarrisment of having it cancelled and telling new insurers so.