Sound Control

waynedear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the start of the year I purchased a PA system for £3995, free for a year from Sound Control, I had listened to it a couple of times in the store and thought it was the one for me (as you do).

I am a singer and need the PA for gigs I used the system at 2 gigs and totally disliked it, I contacted Sound Control and asked if could return it, after some moaning on there part they agreed but said they could not offer me a refund only a credit note.

I asked if they could get hold of another PA system for me that I had gigged with previously and it did the job, unfortunately they could not.

It was a case of buy from us with what we have or nothing, thats how it felt.

Anyway as it happens I am stuck with a brand new PA system that has still only been used twice and a nice £3995 bill that will be coming in at the end of the year.....

Live Long and Prosper!! Dont let the BxxxxxxS get you down....

Claiming back

Barclays £1968.00

Egg £100

MBNA £343.80 Recovered so far £140

At the start of the year I purchased a PA system for £3995, free for a year from Sound Control, I had listened to it a couple of times in the store and thought it was the one for me (as you do).

I am a singer and need the PA for gigs I used the system at 2 gigs and totally disliked it, I contacted Sound Control and asked if could return it, after some moaning on there part they agreed but said they could not offer me a refund only a credit note.

I asked if they could get hold of another PA system for me that I had gigged with previously and it did the job, unfortunately they could not.

It was a case of buy from us with what we have or nothing, thats how it felt.

Anyway as it happens I am stuck with a brand new PA system that has still only been used twice and a nice £3995 bill that will be coming in at the end of the year.....

Problem is unless the item is faulty, the shop is under no obligation to take it back and refund you. Offering a credit note could be seen as a reasonable offer considering they don't even have to do that.

From their point of view they have sold you a perfectly good PA system, which you tested in the shop and now you've just changed your mind. They may even have replaced their stock and probably don't want to end up being overstocked as they can't send it back.

Sorry if that isn't really much help for you, but thats how i see it.

Paul

Paul

Claim with barclays for £250(plus interest) in progress.

Preliminary latter sent 14/6/06

LBA Sent 28/6/06

Unsatisfactory offer received 12/6/06

Yeah i understand what ur saying but trying a product is a shop and actually working with it are 2 different things, i didnt know that at the time, i do now, wont make the mistake again...

Live Long and Prosper!! Dont let the BxxxxxxS get you down....

Claiming back

Barclays £1968.00

Egg £100

MBNA £343.80 Recovered so far £140

• 2 months later...

I have bought around 4 PA systems from Sound Control, I have always found them to provide excellent service and advise. I had one Pair of Peavey speakers that like you sounded ok in the shop but when used at a venue were actually crap..

Took them back and they upgraded then without any moaning or groaning..

I suppose it depends on Individual stores, Im in Dundee and cant Fault the manager of the store.

Im sure if you are a after a particular PA system they will find it for you,It may take them a bit of time though.

Me personally cant see past Yamaha & Peavey..and not those plastic Makie speakers for me..lol

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Well come July next year we plan to sell up all Band Disco equipment and retire from the entertainment world..lol Oh we getting married in July..So banks please take note..lol Want my money back so I go do a runner..lol

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

our rig is turbosound.

we have 52 thousand watts of it! haha :p

Nearly as good as the Hi Fi I have :razz: :razz: