Zaramoon Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have registered with the site a couple of months ago and after reading through various blogs, threads and suscess stories I decided to go for it myself.

1 I have sent my request for statements off to the bank. 40 days past but they still hadn't replied or sent the statement. I went into my local branch and spoke to the manager about the problem. She was very understanding and rang through to HQ. She ensured that my break down list of charges was with me the following day

2 I sent my prelimanary letter requesting for a grand total of charges to be sent/ This amounted to £2700 (£3000 including 8% interest). They replied with a letter stating the charges were lawful.

3 I sent them the LBA letter which, they have replied to by offering me a payment of £1,371. It states that these funds will be put into my account within 14 days. If I'm not happy to accept this then call a number or the ombudsman.

At this stage I don't know what to do. I don't want to accept the offer as I want a full refund. Do I call them on the phone or proceed with court action?

Please can someone advise me on what to do now??

I am fully aware that this site is run on donations and I will be making one when or if I recieve my charges.

• Haha 1

It's fine!

Go here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Today I am £7,500 better off - and there's a LOT LOT more to come!

See here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81108-dusary-bank-scotland.html?highlight=dusary+v+hbos

You did the correct thing, reading around!

You are about to become another WINNER!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

I am fully aware that this site is run on donations and I will be making one when or if I recieve my charges.

Sounds like Bribery to me!

You are as bad as the banks!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hiya Zara,

Glad to see you made it. :D

you now need to send the rejection letter Dusary has given.

Chose the letter most suitable for you. And carry on with your claim.

You will be due to file at court soon, so have a read of this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html#post614610

Any help you need, just add on to this thread and we will help as you go along.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Good on you!

I'm a little confused with the wording on my letter I recieved offering me a settlement figure. It states that should I accept this offer then it will be a full and final settlement. However it states that if I don't wish to accept it then I should call them on the phone.

I have read that I should steer away from verbal communication and stick to letters. Is this advice correct.

Also if I do stick to the letter form of communication should I send letter 3 or letter 4, giving that they have still left it an option for discussion open.

Dusary You will be please to hear that I will donate some money now and then more on completion of my charges being returned.

I'm a little confused with the wording on my letter I recieved offering me a settlement figure. It states that should I accept this offer then it will be a full and final settlement.

Yup - that's the standard issue letter.

(By the way - was that letter signed by a real person?)

However it states that if I don't wish to accept it then I should call them on the phone.

You don't have if you don't want to.

Just fire off the Rejection Letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

I have read that I should steer away from verbal communication and stick to letters. Is this advice correct.

Possibly - but others have successfully negotiated full payment over the phone. I'm kinda' at the same stage as you. I received £7.5k back into my account (seems to me that it's around the 50% mark of my claim) - excepting that I haven't yet received ALL my statements for one of the main accounts.

Also if I do stick to the letter form of communication should I send letter 3 or letter 4, giving that they have still left it an option for discussion open.

I'm of the opinion that it should be letter 1 or 2 (It's up to you). Though I do accept that you are not closing in the door in their faces!!!!! I sent off my Rejection letter yesterday - so we'll see what happens next. I might let them stew for 7 days before - MAYBE - calling Mr Chris Thornton who actually DID put pen to paper and signed the "Full and Final" Letter.

But - whatever - you are a WINNER!

Dusary You will be please to hear that I will donate some money now and then more on completion of my charges being returned.

It's a great feeling being able to do that by way of a big THANK YOU to everyone who has been down this road before us - and for those who will follow on.

Goodness knows how much it costs to keep this EXCELLENT website going!

• Haha 1

My letter is signed by hand. It is from a Jacqueline McFarlane, Customer Relations manager.

Thanks very much for further info.

I'll have a read of the rejection letters again and see which one suits my situation best.

Which banks are you claiming from?

Cheers:D

Hi Zaramoon

Ive had an offer as well for only half . Ive already filed in court so I sent a Rejection letter yesterday,.

Didnt stop them from putting money in my bank today though. I rang and now am just waiting for another letter off them.

I dont think they know what the hell they are doing half of the time.

Just stick to your guns and follow the advice of people on here. Lots of people will help , and the more you read the more you learn.

Good luck and keep us all posted.:)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Which banks are you claiming from?

HBOSplc (for formerly BOS accounts).

I haven't even started on Abbey, yet!

I'm claiming from HALIFAX, Bank of Scotland.

Was the claim form easy to complete and did you just fill it in on the internet?

Did you fill in the N1 form that they talk about jusifying your charges. Some say it is a must and others don't what did you do.

How did you find filling the particulars out?

:)

• 4 weeks later...

I filed for court 2 days after the test case results were announced. Not sure if this was wise or not. It cost me £120, hope this will be worth it. Halifax sent me another letter giving me a second chance to accept the payment as a full and final settlement, I had already rejected the offer. I'm still thinking, what is the likely hood of the test case going in favor of the banks. Should I take the half payment now while it is guaranteed or not, continue for what is mine.

:-|

I would appreciate of some of you could give me some words of encouragement which way to go, and some reasons to back it up.

You have done the right thing filing.

This letter seems to be a new one they are sending out, they seem to be hoping people will settle for a silly amount.

You are doing fine. It is up to the court now.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/107584-oft-test-case-what.html

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Would you be able to post a copy of your letter onto this thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/109306-have-you-received-letter.html

Thankyou.

F&Q's... Read here

I'll have a go at posting a letter. Is there anyspecific way of doing it. I'm not to good on computers.

I have paid £120 for court so I may as well stick it out. I have nothing now so I'll wait for the full or nothing. Lets hope I get the full.

:)

Yup - that's the standard issue letter.

(By the way - was that letter signed by a real person?)

You don't have if you don't want to.

Just fire off the Rejection Letter.

Possibly - but others have successfully negotiated full payment over the phone. I'm kinda' at the same stage as you. I received £7.5k back into my account (seems to me that it's around the 50% mark of my claim) - excepting that I haven't yet received ALL my statements for one of the main accounts.

I'm of the opinion that it should be letter 1 or 2 (It's up to you). Though I do accept that you are not closing in the door in their faces!!!!! I sent off my Rejection letter yesterday - so we'll see what happens next. I might let them stew for 7 days before - MAYBE - calling Mr Chris Thornton who actually DID put pen to paper and signed the "Full and Final" Letter.

But - whatever - you are a WINNER!

It's a great feeling being able to do that by way of a big THANK YOU to everyone who has been down this road before us - and for those who will follow on.

Goodness knows how much it costs to keep this EXCELLENT website going!

kindly check your holiday dates.

you should still be here, you know!!!!:o :???: 8) :wink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)