Natwest Question

Lollipop123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure if i have posted this in the right place or not!

I have had a letter back from Natwest offering part of the money i have claimed back which i will reject.

However, they have said in their letter that the will only be prepared to pay the money back into my bank account which i no longer use (and is well overdrawn as they have continued to issue charges)

Can i ask for the money to be paid in the form of a cheque?

Also, as they have continued to apply charges to my account, i would like to claim tham back too, am i allowed to do this or can i only make one claim?

Any help and advice would be greatly received!!

Thanks

Hi lollipop - welcome on board the nat west forum!

Firstly, if they're only offering a partial refund you're right to reject. Secondly, if they're still applying charges to your account and you've already sent prelim and LBA, I'd advise you to file N1 at your local count court - you can update your schedule of charges to include all recent charges applied to your account.

Thirdly, nat west do tend to pay refunded charges into an open bank account - demands to be paid by cheque often fall on deaf ears. However, it's worth thinking of this in terms of the charges reducing your overall debt to nat west - which can only be a good thing in the long run. If you do file N1 at the court though - you could possibly squeeze a line into the POC (possibly by adding a 5d.) along the lines of "the claimant requests that the full amount should be refunded by cheque".

Hope that helps :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi Lollipop ! Welcome to the site!

Everyone here is very helpfull and there is a LOT of info here so I would suggest just reading all the threads you can and also the FAQ setion at the top ot the Forums Section. Now as I understand it Nasty West are not obliged to pay by cheque and they may well offsett any money won in court against money you owe them. You may be able to ask them to pay the money into a secondary account with another bank, but I think to be reasonable it would be hard to plead a case in a court where you do not repay them through your winnings. A judge may not look to leniantly at that.

However, yes off course there is no reason why you cannot take them to court again over any new charges they may have taken from your account while your claim was ongoing.

Good luck!

18/04/07 1st letter sent (again)

19/04/07 letter received by Stuart Higley

25/04/07 Usual blabla letter from NatWest "investigating and so on and so forth" received.

08/05/07 LBA sent

09/05/07 LBA received by Natwest

25/05/07 Claimed online by MCOL

Claim served on the 4th of June

Acknowledgment of service received 18th of June

Cobbets defense and Part 18 request received 05 July

Notice of Transfer of Proceedings received 06 July

19/07/07 Allocated to small claims track, refer back after 21 days.

Sorry I can see that Hedgey Got there first! He is off course much more knowledgable than I so :) please disregard my latest post!! :oops:

18/04/07 1st letter sent (again)

19/04/07 letter received by Stuart Higley

25/04/07 Usual blabla letter from NatWest "investigating and so on and so forth" received.

08/05/07 LBA sent

09/05/07 LBA received by Natwest

25/05/07 Claimed online by MCOL

Claim served on the 4th of June

Acknowledgment of service received 18th of June

Cobbets defense and Part 18 request received 05 July

Notice of Transfer of Proceedings received 06 July

19/07/07 Allocated to small claims track, refer back after 21 days.

Hedgey Got there first! He

Hi MR Hedgey :D :D :D

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hi MR Hedgey :D :D :D

Better give meself a number three cut ............... now where's the clippers! :D :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Better give meself a number three cut ............... now where's the clippers! :D :D

The Hedgey clippers ??? :D

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.