Abbey - Court or????

cici1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Abbey's time is up - i now have to decided which way to go. Everyone here seems to have had success via the court. I'm worried about 'screwing up' my claim if i don't send the right documents also if it goes to court what info do i need as it seems all the cases which have been thrown out are due to lack of info or the wrong info. Is it quicker/easier to go via the ombudsman or should I just take the bull (ABBEY) by the horns and go straight to court. My claim is for £2500 and is mainly due to cheques being paid before funds available. Help someone. I really need advice on which way to go and what i need to file if in court. Sorry i sound so naive but this is all new to me. If delayed my claim for long enough and now really need to decide where to go. Thanks everyone. Keep up the good work.

IMHO I would go the tried and trusted route towards Court - the Ombudsman route is tortuously slow.

Its true a handful of cases have failed because of poor homework and documentation by claimants, but thousands of cases have suceeded....

If you follow the step-by-step guides on here you won't go wrong

If you have any questions post them here and somebody will help

good luck!

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Start with these, then go here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

they take you through the entire process and provide examples of all the letters and things you need.

Get familiar with the processes involved cos it's a bit drawn out but does work, you will get all your money back, it just takes a bit of work.

Read some of the threads, they'll give you an insight into what to expect at each stage and you'll see that by making sure you've done your homework and really understand what you're doing, you can get back every penny they've taken. And if you file in court you'll get 8% interest on your charges and your court fees back.

I agree with chorlton and robdblynd - it is a long process but it will be worth it in the end, and you wont screw anything up, thats what everyone here is for, to help you everystep of the way, not matter how few or how many questions you ask.

Good Luck

And welcome to the Getting Your Money Back Club:D

Cici1

Please keep looking at the posts on here. I have just supported my son to claim £2500 from Abbey which we started in Feb. Yesterday he had the full amount paid in his account. We filed on line to MCOL and followed all the advice here (there's plenty of it) Prepared the court bundle with help from everyone here, and ready to post it last Saturday when it needed to be in (court date was 23rd July) and on that day received a letter offering full settlement including interest to date and costs.

One happy mum and her son !!!

:D

Di