GG1971 V Clydesdale Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I'm afraid I found all this a bit daunting so opted for what I thought was the easy way and that was to get someone to do it for me. I have used Bank Complaints Ltd but now am worried about it because I cannot get a hold of them, has anybody else used them or heard of them?

i would be inclided to ask this in the general forum.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes unfortunately, I have sent them a strong email today saying that I want answers to a few questions or I will take it out of their hands, hoping that will speed them up a bit. The £10 fee was sent to my bank in March, I know Clydesdale drag their feet bu this is ridiculous.

i was having the same problem, the company i used seemed to be dragging their feet so i cancelled and am doing it myself, i do know you can cancel your contract up until a claim is made, after that you cant,

Hi Angie & GG. Just seen this thread. If you haven't seen it already take a look at my thread Camdenite Vs Abbey in the Abbey forum. BC have been a nightmare and today I finally dispensed with their services at the AQ stage. It's been six long months with them and I was no closer to them coming to a settlement now than I was in January.

hi GG1971, i was just wondering how you got on with bank complaints ltd? did you contact them regarding your claim? i contacted the one i was using and said thanks but no thanks! they were ok about it,

I wish I had been able to contact them, at least then I'd know where they are with it. Can't get them on the phone or by email it's a joke, I'm assuming it hassn't gone as far as court yet or they would have been in contact. Sending a letter today talling them where to get off, might get a response to that but I dought it!

i would assume that if you have not heard from them then they not anything to tell you, i cant understand why they dont get back to you, at end of the day you paying them to work for you

GG - I had the same problem this morning. You need to leave your phone on permanenet re-dial. Strangely i only seem to ever get through from my mobile, not my land-line! You know that they are only open until 3pm most days of the week and 1pm on Fridays right?

They've actually not kicked up too much of a stink with me, and I was quite some way down the line.

I had to call them today to request all correspondance between them and Abbey and they we're pretty reasonable about it. Promised to post today, in fact (we'll see eh?)

Yes Angie, I was.;) I had seen the other thread. Thanks. I've also mentioned them several times in my own thread, Camdenite Vs Abbey. I referred to them as AD Ltd. in that thread so as not to get in to any trouble. If anyone is considering using them or any other company, have a read first. They will never do it as well as yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a nearly a week away to find that Bank Complaints finally sent out all my correspondence. Anyone else ditching them should demand every piece of relevant paperwork. The best person to speak to is Ralph (if you can get them to pick up the phone or it isn't engaged :rolleyes: ).

Hi All,

I am just at the start of the process of claiming back my charges myself after stupidly trying to get Bank Complaints Ltd to do it for me. I have sent a letter to my bank 2 weeks ago asking what was going on and how far the process got with the above company prior to me sacking them and have had no reply as yet, have just phoned my branch where the letter was sent and they have informed me that it was forwarded to a branch in Leeds who are dealing with all these charges queries but that they could not give me their number because they didn't have it. I find this very strange, they must have some contact with them. Has anyone else been old this and how did they get round it? Has anyone ever got as far as speaking to someone at this Leed dept and kept the phone number?

Still no response fron BC Ltd, however, I came home today to a stack of bank statements, not them all but at least I can get started now:-D :-D . My bank closed my account a year ago when I lost my job, they have only sent statements to cover Feb 03 through June 06, I know I can go back 6 years but can anyone tell me if that is 6 years from now or would it be 6 years from June 06?? Any help would be much appreciated it would be good to know before I contact them again for the rest of the statements, they were on a different account number and I think it will need to be a seperate claim. Looking forward to doing some number crunching over the weekend:-D

Hi GG. You should get the remainder of the statements within a week or so. That seems to be the usual way with most of the banks.

You should note that you can claim over six years if you have the statements, it's just that the banks are not obliged to give you statements over six years old. My claim against Abbey is for Six years and Eight months worth of charges as I have all the data going back six years from when BC Ltd. actually sent my SAR. I would do some reading up on claiming over six years though as there are one or two issues you should be aware of if questioned in court.

If I was you, I would hang on a week and see when the remaining statements arrive. However if it's a different account, I would assume it would need a new SAR., unless you referred to both account #'s on your original request?

Good luck.

Thanks for that, you've been a little goldmine of info and I need all the help I can get. Didn't refer to both accounts on my request for statements cause I thought this account would cover the whole period, since found out it is only 5 years in Scotalnd too. I guess I'm gonna have a busy weekend number crunching and reading up on everything, but still at least I can get thing moving, thanks again, I'll keep you posted on how I'm getting on.

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some advice. Have just received some of my statements from Clydsdale Bank, the info covers around 3 years and I would be claiming approx £1400.00 + intrest. Should I deal with this claim first and request the rest of the information later? Should I request the rest of my info first and do it all together and do I have to pay another £10 for this additional info? On reading info from the site it would seem that in Scotland you can only claim 5 years but my bank manager has said that all the claims they have received have been for 6, I am also waiting to hear back from another post about caliming back since my account was opened, god I'm confused, don't want to make a fool of myself by doing all this in the wrong order. Also at what point should I show my details to an administrator is this just prior to court, should I send my refund request letter and notice before action letter first and then approach them or do they need to see it now? Please help!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi GG, How are you getting on? Have you got shot of BC yet? They've tried to bill me for the £100 court submission cost, but I told them I considered they received it within the % I paid of Abbey's GOGW back in December.

I haven't heard anything from them at all, they have just ignored me so as far as I am concerned it's all over with them, I won't be contacting them again. I got some of my statements from the bank and was just about to send my request for refund when I realised that I'm supposed to add debit interest to my spreadsheet at this point and contractual interest if it goes to court, if I don't do this will the bank think I don't know what I'm doing? The spreadsheet is very complicated and I think I'd rather just go for the charges, and the contractual interest if it goes to court. What did you do? I just want to get the ball rolling after waiting all this time.

Hi GG, Who is your claim against? I know it is harder to claim Compounded Contractual Interest with many banks.

It is easier to claim the 8% Stautory interest, but you must only do this when you submit your claim at Court. Leave it off your intial letter and Letter Before Action.

If you decide to claim CCI then you must include it from the first letter, LBA etc. Exactly the opposite to claiming Statutory, in fact.

Thanks for that, my claim is against Clydesdale, there are 2 things holding up the process for me. The first is the interest thing, is it ok for me to just claim the charges or will it make me look stupid to the bank, it would be a lot easier. The second thing is that I am still waiting for the second lot of statements coming through. When BC did the initial SAR request they only asked for information for 1 account which only goes back to Feb 03, from reading other threads and information on this website it is apparent that some courts will throw out a second claim because they expect you to have everything ready at the same time. Is there a letter in the library which asks the bank to get a move on with the statements. The initial SAR was sent in March. Getting a bit frustated now, tahnks again for all your help.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, wondered if I could get some advice please. I was almost at the end of this process but this test case has thrown me off a little, I have done my spreadsheets and sent my letter to the bank asking for a refund. They have replied saying that basically they will be doing nothing till the outcome of the test case and that I have to wait. From reading other threads I can see that the general advice is to carry on, however, the total of my claim is around £2000 including interest and therefore I don not want to go down the road of small claims court as the limit in Scotland is £750 and I'm not prepared to pay the costs if I loose. I therefore have to do it through the FOS and I'm not sure how this works? I also should be giving my details to an administrator but not sure how to do this or what information they require. Can someone help please??

I'ved merged your threads to follow your progress so far. It's difficult to advise you as FOS are putting all cases on hold pending the test case, and many court claims, including in Scotland are being stayed.

I'm not sure about the administrator which I assume is a Scottish thing so will see if I can find someone else to advise you on this.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.