Yb Charges, Ccjs Over 10 Years Ago....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I sent the non compliance letter as advised and amended it to suit. I then today, received a letter back from YB as below :-

I have contacted our dept which dels with all DSAR and have clarified that we do not issue statements for personal loan accounts. It would be most helpful to assist you with your query regarding charges to the above mentioned account if we had a contact telephone number or you can contact myself at the branch. At the present moment we cannot find any record of any charges relating to the account.

Now this account was subsequently passed to Jeremy Sutcliffe who act on behalf of YB, so I can;t believe that there were no charges debited previous to that. Although I have got a handful of letters from Jeremy Sutcliffe and at the bottom of each, a £20 'admin' fee was charged, so I can;t believe YB didn't charge me also.

What would you advise of my next step ?

Many thanks

Katie

Hi Kkatiew,

I haven't got an answer for you but I will watch your thread with interest.

I too have had my credit card debt passed to Jeremy Sutcliffe Solicitors. They are also charging me £20 per letter. I would like to know if they can charge this extortionate amount.

The staff that work for this firm are not to be trusted. I am talking through experience with them. They will use anything to get what they want from you including bullying and intimidation. But they picked on the wrong one when they picked on me, lol They soon backed off!!!

Do not speak to them on the telephone. I know it's a pain waiting, but just let them dig themselves in to a big hole by not disclosing data you have a lawful right to.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Hi Trinity & AG,

Thanks for your advice.

So I just follow the non-compliance steps of 14 days to comply ? When the 14 days are up, what would be the next step ?

Many thanks again

Katie

So 40 day limit was up 2 weeks ago. I then sent non compliance letter and the time limit for that is tomorrow. Am I right in thinking if no response by tomorrow that I proceed to court ?

Thanks

Katie

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem, and when I rang was told that they only send statements and loans don't have statements, so they don't send info. This is entirely unacceptable, and I too look forward to seeing your progress as I haven't yet got round to complaining to the ICO or to taking them to court over it.

Good luck.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have today received a letter from YB as follows :-

Unfortunately we are unable to process this request as this loan was paid in accordance with the agreement originally signed. There were no charges or furthur interest added to the account other than the amounts that were agreed.

Please contact this branch asking to speak to Joe Charles to discuss the matter furthur.

Any ideas ???!!!

Katie

So if they know all that why don't they send you the documentation to back up what they are saying?

I think that you should write back with an LBA for non-compliance with a SAR and complain to the ICO. Sorry I haven't got time for links at the mo.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

My pre 6 years statements are promised to arrive this week & I was wondering did you use the same letter templates as post 6 years?

Cheers

PS Once I get under way then I will start my own thread.

Halifax: Letter settling in full 21/09/06 £857.

Yorkshire Bank: settled Decd 06 £2700

Lloyds TSB: Settled & 2nd claim started 23/07/07 £870

Lloyds TSB Business account: Received Statements & will be starting soon

Mint, Nthn Rock, MBNA & Bank of Scot cred cards all settled, total £1100

Capital One, Marbles & Barclaycard all started MCOL, totalling £900

Yorkshire Bank pre 6 years awaiting statements, now over 60 days!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Right. I've since received another letter from YB as follows :-

I refer to your request for statements on your personal loan account. Please not that statements are not produced for personal loans and we are therefore unable to provide these.

No penalty charges would be incurred unless the personal loan was in default and the agreed repayments had not been met. In such cases, a letter would be issued for which there would be a charge.

If your personal loan had been referred to our collections dept and you believe that you may have incurred such a charge (s) please contact them on blah blah blah....

We will now consider you DSAR to be closed unless you contact us further.

Now what would be the best thing to do ?Contact this collections dept and ask for copy stetements (for which they do not provide!!) or complete a court claim ?

Many thanks for any info

Katie

Under the Data Protection Act they have an obligation to provide the information, and they must have had something to pass on to the collections department.

Are you still paying anything on this? I'm thinking your thread may be better in the Debt forum if so, and you may be better asking for a copy of the credit agreement.

In some cases debts can't be enforced if the original signed credit agreement can't be found, but as your loan is paid, it's academic.

I do think you should pursue them for non-compliance though.