Please Help! Niagra v Barclays**WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-o I'm hoping someone can help me please, this is my first post on here but I have found this website very useful during making my claim against Barclays Bank.

I am claiming £715 worth of bank charges from Barclays. The interest takes it up to £799.20, and with the £80 fee through MCOL it now stands at £879.20 .

I went through MCOL and they defended at the last minute on the 28th day so it was transferred to my local court, which is Yeovil County Court in Somerset.

I was then sent form N24 asking for a schedule of all charges, with dates and interest included. I sent this back to the court months ago.

As I haven't heard anything back I decided to give them a ring this morning to see if there was any progress.

Needless to say I am now shocked and scared stupid as they said that the court date is next Wednesday on the 11th July at noon!! I told them that I had not recieved this letter to inform me of the court date etc. etc. and they lady I spoke to said that she would send me out a copy of that letter as I had not recieved it.

This means that my 14days to submit any evidence has already passed! I said this to her and she said that as I already sent a schedule dated with what charges were applied when and what for that I didn't need to send anything else in, and that was all the Judge needed.

So I said what about the actual bank statements showing each charge and she said not to bother as they were being told to send them back without even passing them to the judge to look at.

I also said about the copies that I was supposed to send to Barclays Bank and she said as I had to request my statements from them that they obvisiouly already had a copy.

Does this sound right?? Shall I try and drop all my statements to the court before the day anyway or take them with me??

Will Barclays be less inclined to just ''put'' the money into my account before next Wednesday's court date due to all of this??

Please someone help!

Niagra

Hi

Seems as though there has been no order from the court for you to send in a bundle as they were satisfied with you submitting a schedule of charges through N24.

I would contact barclays litigation department and tell them that you have a court date for next week and see if they are willing to settle before the date.

take a look at this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

hope it helps

claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

hi niagra

firstly don't panic.... i think it would be a good idea to contact barclays litigation team. they will probably want to settle with you as your court date is so near... see thread below.. all the contact numbers and email addresses of the team are listed.. if you email dino is the man to contact

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

Thank you for getting back to me. The lady on the phone did say though that in the letter that I should have recieved earlier it did state on there that I needed to send my supporting evidence to them 14 days before the court date, so basically is the receptioniste word of saying not to worry good enough??

I am going to call them as soon as I get my youngest nipper in bed. Just one last qusetion please, do I now work out the interest up to today?? Or do I have to go with the figures I gave to the court on the N24 form??

I know it looks like I haven't done my research, but I have really tried, this mornings shock has just knocked me off my feet a bit. Thank you once again for even taking the time to read my messages.

Thank you for your help today!

I called the Lit team and spoke to a Paul Quinn who told me that a letter was already in the post with a settlement offer. It was only £13 less than what I was claiming for so I'm obvisiouly going to take it!

Yey I won!!

Congratulations Niagra!! Great news for eanyone but especially for families with little ones.

Now, watch out for the post everyday as you are very close to hearing date and you must not discontinue your court action or do anything to jepordise it unless you actually have the money in account or cheque in hand!

I presume they are waiting for you to accept in writing before they credit account (if you still bank with Barclays) but if they don't turn up and have not submitted paperwork for Wednesday, you'll surely win by Default/Strike Out anyway. Guess I'm saying, work on the principal that you will be going to court on Wednesday, just in case their payment is late :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 2 months later...