Annulled Bankruptcy...Council still chasing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On May 15th I had a bankruptcy order against me annulled, but, I still have to pay over £1400.00 in charges.

Quick overview, due to husband ill health got in arrears with council tax.

Our income dropped from £3000,00 to £720 per month.

At the original hearing on January 18th I presented my case with documentation of my husbands illness and income. The Judge was not impressed and ordered that the money be paid in 56 days. We had no chance of raising the £1600+ so when the date arrived for it to be paid we borrowed it from a relative. It was paid on the morning of the hearing at 9:20am, the hearing was at 11:55 am. I faxed the receipt and covering letter to the court as hospital commitments were foremost. I was made bankrupt anyway even though this was paid.

I applied for a annullment and this was granted but the Judge ordered that the charges levied by the council must be paid and gave a further 56 days to pay it. This is in excess of £1400.00. It might as well be in millions as our situation is the same as it was 6 months ago and now time is running out. When I was made bankrupt it was advertised in the London Gazzett and my local paper and I had hundreds of letters from companies offering help so after the annullment and I was still asked to pay charges even though I had repaid the debt I contacted a few of these companies for help and advice not one of them has replied. Time is running out and I dont know who or where to turn to for help/advice I cant afford a solicitor but I really do think this is wrong.Council still chasing

Please if there is anyone out there with any advice I would be ever so gratefull.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I'm sure somebody will be along soon that will be able to offer you some advice.

Good luck.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

Hello again,

Since the creditor has brought the action against you there would be the liability for you to pay their costs, the best thing you can do is to fill in an income & expenditure form and make a reasonable and affordable offer of payment that is affordable.

I appreciate it is not a nice situation :(

here is some info from the insolvency service which you might find useful.

Can my Bankruptcy be Cancelled

Hello again,

Since the creditor has brought the action against you there would be the liability for you to pay their costs, the best thing you can do is to fill in an income & expenditure form and make a reasonable and affordable offer of payment that is affordable.

I appreciate it is not a nice situation :(

here is some info from the insolvency service which you might find useful.

Can my Bankruptcy be Cancelled

Hi sequenci

Appreciate this, your the first person in god knows how many I have approached thats took the time to reply.

The thing is these charges are not charges included in the bankruptcy, they are charges that were added after the bankruptcy was granted, but the bankruptcy was annulled because it should have not been made, so I cant help thinking if the bankruptcy should not have been made why do I have to pay charges? I need a solicitor but its a minefield trying to find someone who will help me fight this.

Tommy2000

can you get me a breakdown of what they are for? i should hopefully be able to either help you myself or find someone who can!

Hi

I have been ordered to pay £1435.00 this includes £219.18 for the Official Receivers, which I had expected to pay, there is no breakdown of the remainder other than creditors costs.