request for repayment of charges

Roxy1958
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have sent my first letter off to LTSB 10th April 2007, giving them 40 days to answer. I have not heard anything off them, and its nearly time to send off my second letter demanding the actual charges. What should I do?

Welcome to our forum. Before you send any more letters start a thread on the Lloyds forum . Where your claim will be easier to follow and ther is alot of help available there. Good luck. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I have sent by recorded delivery the first template in trying to reclaim some bank charges. I gave them 40 days but I have not heard anything back. The second template letter is to claim actual sums of money, but of course I don't know what that is until I hear from them. What should I do next?

I assume by the first letter you mean a SAR request.

In that case time to send a non compliance letter.

Loacted here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Don't forget that with internet banking you can access statements going back to July 2002. This should help.

Have they responded at all to your SAR.

If they have I had a good response from the internet banking helpdesk people.

I managed to get 10 years worth of statements after a few e-mails.

Their address is Internet.Banking@LLoydsTSB.co.uk

Sent them all your information and the non compliance letter and they'll get back to you quite quickly.

Just out of interest what address did you send your original SAR to ??

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Curly,

Would this be ok, because I havn't had any response at all.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Ref: Account number:

Further to my Data Protection Act information request dated 10th April 2007, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 7 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours faithfully

Roxy, are you registered for internet banking ?

It's free and only takes a few minutes.

If so then send that letter to the internet banking guys at the address above and explain everything that you have done with times.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

That was quick, I did as you said an emailed my internet banking telling them I hadn't had a reply. They said they would look into it and apologied. Today I received the account information. I am a bit unclear about what I can try to claim for. It is in 4 sections: Account charges, o/draft interest, o/draft excess and unpaid direct debits. I don't think I can claim anything for the first 2 can I? But am I right in thinking I can claim for the second 2? with interest.

Where will I find the interest spreadsheet. I have been looking and can't find a template.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have found the letter template on the website and filled in the spreadsheet adding the interest as suggested. What I am not sure about though is the overdraft interest. eg the charges they have taken from my account is £1780.00 and the interest according to the spreadsheet workings out is £191.95 (do you mean that is the overdraft interest)???

I calculate that you have taken £1780.00 plus £191.95 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £1971.95.

Is that right??

Sorry to be dense.

Hi

I think the £191.95 is the 8% statutory interest, not o/d interest. You can't claim all the o/d interest, only parts of it, it is complicated to work out, and most people don't bother claiming it.

I would leave the part off that say "plus £xxxx". Don't put the £191.95 on your letter until you file your Court claim.

Hope that makes some sense:wink:

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)