HELP!!! Nationwide are defending!!!

qteeeeee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some help. A couple of months ago I wrote Nationwide a letter asking for my bank cahrges. They replied with a letter basically saying that the charges are correct and fair. I wrote another one threatening to take them to court. They sent the EXACT same letter to me. I then went on the small claims court on line and proceeded with that. They have now said that they are going to defend the case. Can anyone give me some help on what to do in preparation for court . I never wanted it to actually go this far..

Hi to you,

Dont panic, this is standard procedure in most cases for them to put in a defence, they are just trying to fob you off! and hope that you will pull out. Let them do their bit, but carry on, once you send your court bundle off, that is when you get a court date, and all your charges are there in black and white! you will then probably receive an offer.

good luck and keep going!!!

Clare Taylor 57

qteeeeee, taylor 57 is right . It is perfectly normal practise for the banks to defend your claim. What you need to do is prepare yourself for the next stage. Which might or might not be your Allocation Questionaire. Have alook at this:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.htm and start a thread in the Nationwide forum. Where ti will be easier to help you and follow your claim. Good luck. Click on link.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I've moved your thread to the Nationwide forum.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

also remember its HIGHLY unlikely you will have to sit down in front of a judge as the banks policy is to settle before it gets this far, although plan your case as if you will (court bundle sent off in good time if it gets that far)

When you get a court date back then it might help you if you periodically telephone the banks customer service or litigation department and request that they settle before court action, making sure you settle for nothing less than the full amount. drop in facts like you are aware that the NW always settle before court and you are a loyal customer etc etc.