style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction here?

I was issued a parking ticket in Burnley on the 31st of March. The ticket was not on my car when I got back to it, and the first I heard of it was when I received a charge certificate on the 6th of June (I have moved house and presume that some mail went missing)

I had paid for my parking and still have the original voucher (I am self employed so keep these things). I have called Parkwise and they are saying that I have left it too late to argue about and it will go to the 'next stage' if I don't pay. The amount is up to £90 now.

I'm pretty angry about this because I had actually paid for my parking and can prove it (they have seen a copy of the parking voucher).

They tell me that the ticket was not clearly visible, I think that it was in the clock cutout on my dashboard so they would have to lean over to read the detail, but they have digital pictures to backup their case.

Can anybody tell me what the likely outcome of any court action would be? I really don't want a judgement against me, but I really, really don't want to turn over £90 to the parking nazis that they are not due.

Thanks in advance for helpful suggestions.

Steve