Please help me with HSL!!!

Another_Victime
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All. Great forum. I'll try and make this as concise as possible.

• Had 4 loans 1996-1999
  • Worked in Taiwan after graduating. Moved three times so missed a couple of deferments and forgot to chase them....
  • Currently live in The Philippines. Got an email (first ever) of SL asking for address. Provided it. SL and HSL arrears letters come in post. First knowledge of HSL's eistence....

SLC have the 1999 loan. I've deferred and sent them my means of subsitenence (I don't work, will get married in September and have a small amount of shares I perodically sell). I think they've accepted my situation and took 5 GBP a month and deferred my loan (but not backdated it beyond 3 months..)

As for HSL...:mad:

I don't have a landline here so when they asked for a contact number I stupidily gave them my mothers home number in the UK. They have rung it several times asking for me to get in touch which I have done.

Initially they also accepted 5GBP a month but somebody told me that it'd be a good idea to complete a "Financial difficulties" form. I did this but as I stated my credit card repayments to be 150 a month they want me to go to visa and claim diffuculties and pay them the "saved" 75 a month! Despite the income side showing "Zero".....

Now, I recognise that I didn't keep my details updated but the fact remains I am genuinely unable to pay their loan. I've read through a few of the helpful threads on here and my question is:

• Do I write to HSL directly or go through SLC?
  • How do I ask for a CCA given that I live abroad? Surely the maimum days to reply would be affected?

I feel it is within my rights to get a breakdown from them as all I've had so far are letters demanding money.

There's a 75% chance that I will be settling in The Philippines after my wedding. I haven't worked a full year in the UK or made over the mandutory monthly amount since graduating.

I'm thinking that I'd like to keep paying the 5GBP (no pound key ) a month and let them threaten action.

If anybody has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

Thanks,

AV

It is often good to concentrate on the registered address. It is vital to send the mail registered, so they have to sign for it. I don't know where you are now, so what postal carrier you will be using.

You need all the information- CCA from both HSL and SLC, and SAR from both. These will supply you with info to fight them properly.

Start all correspondence with THIS ACCOUNT IS IN DISPUTE.

This means they cannot take further action until the dispute is cleared.

Keep us informed and if we can help in any way, we will. Even if its just support.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks for your reply Emma. I'll CCA both then and see how I get on.

The have EMS as the carrier here. It'll be signed for and express delivered. I've included that I'm giving them 10 days extra to reply to the Philippines so let's see what they make of that..