Advice needed concerning Go debt/YCC/DAF

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fyi pete

Compound interest calculator

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

go debt have just contacted me at work even though I have told them not to (see previous letters) they know its my work number cos they have contacted other departments within my workplace - TRYING TO CONTACT ME. What should I do now?

I told her that it was my work number and that i would only accept written contact only, she started going on about that takes too long, so i said there are still issues regarding this account and she said no there isnt and i said yes there is she started getting snappy so i shouted in the office - WRITTEN CONTACT ONLY and slammed the phone down.

Also, Post, have you a letter or template that could deal with this and the other matter regarding the default notice please. Or anything regarding the cca being unenforceable as they still seem to think that it is - from a PPI standpoint or the deposit being used for insurances etc.

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, and by letter, but I am still receiving calls.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

PETE 2000

XXX

XXXX

XXXX

GO DEBT

XXXXX

XXXX

XXX

DATE

YOUR REF

COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT

14 DAY LETTER BEFORE ACTION

DEAR SIR/MADAM

AS YOU ARE AWARE, I AM DISPUTING THE LEGALITY OF A CONSUMER CREDIT AGREEMENT TAKEN OUT ON A YES CAR CREDIT AGREEMENT.

DESPITE CONTINUED CORRESPONDENTS TO YOU COMPANY, YOU STILL SEEM TO BE UNDER THE IMPRESSION THE AGREEMENT CAN BE ENFORCED.

THIS MATTER AS YOU ARE AWARE IS TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT PAID ON THE AGREEMENT BEING CREDITED TO THE INSURANCE SALE. THIS IN ITS SELF IS A SEPARATE AGREEMENT.

A COMPANY CAN PUT WHATEVER IT LIKES INTO THE T&C OF AN AGREEMENT BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT LEGAL UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974.

YOUR COMPANY HAS BEEN SENT A TELEPHONE HARASSMENT LETTER TO ONLY CORRESPOND IN WRITING. YOU NOW FEEL YOUR SELF TO BE ABOVE THE LAW BY USING INTIMIDATE TACTICS AND CALLING MY PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT.

THIS NOW STOPS WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT AND REQUIRE YOU TO CONFIRM THAT ALL TELEPHONE CONTACT NUMBERS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND ALL CORRESPONDENTS WILL BE IN WRITING.

THE MATTER OF THESE AGREEMENTS HAS ALL READY BEEN PLACED BEFORE THE COURTS AND JUDGED AS UNENFORCEABLE. A SOLICITORS PRACTISE CALLED STEPHENSON'S HAS BEEN DEALING WITH YOUR COMPANY ALONG WITH MARLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES OVER THE UNENFORCEABLE ASPECT OF THESE AGREEMENTS.

I NOW REQUIRE YOU TO EITHER CLOSE DOWN THIS ACCOUNT OR ISSUE A COUNTY COURT CLAIM, THIS WILL BE DEFENDED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW.

I WILL NOW SPELL THIS OUT TO YOU SO THERE CAN BE NO MISUNDERSTANDING.

I HAVE NO INTENTION OF MAKING ANY PAYMENTS ON THE ACCOUNTS TO YOU OR ANY OTHER COMPANY.

AS YOUR COMPANY HAS NOW RESORTED TO TELEPHONE HARASSMENT AT WORK DESPITE REQUESTING ALL CORRESPONDENTS BE IN WRITING, I WILL NOW MOVE ONTO THE NEXT LEVEL OF ACTION.

I DEEM YOUR COMPANIES ACTIONS TO BE IN CONTRAVENTION OF THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS

AND IT IS MY INTENTION TO SEND A FULL REPORT WITH ALL CORRESPONDENTS TO THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING FOR COMPLIANCE IN THIS MATTER.

ONE OF THE GUIDE LINES STATE FROM THE OFT IS THAT IT IS AN OFFENCE TO MISLEAD A DEBTOR.

YOUR COMPANY KNOWS THE UN ENFORCEABILITY ASPECTS OF THESE AGREEMENTS AND STILL PERSIST DESPITE BEING TOLD THE CONTRARY. THAT IS ALSO AN OFFENCE UNDER THE FRAUD ACT

I REQUIRE A FULL AND FINAL RESPONSE WITH IN FOURTEEN DAYS OR COMPLAINTS WILL BE SUBMITTED TO THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES FOR COMPLIANCE

yours

sorry if this letter is direct but its time to stop pussy footing around

we have been nice and civil but they throw it back at us

let me know about the letter

the default issue etc is more ammo

we will keep that in reserve

• Haha 1

That is great stuff, thank you very much for your hellp with this post. I will send these out within the next day or two (recorded delivery for the second one).

I will also make a donation at the end of the month as well for all the help you have given me as it has been welcome relief.

I will keep you updated with the cretins no doubt they will try and weasel out of it.

A card from go arrived today - it says:

Why are you not co-operating with us?

We are passing your details to a field agent who will organise a visit to you at home.

In order to assist you we have asked for a visit to be scheduled in either the evening (until 21:00) or at the weekends (either Saturday or Sunday).

Please call us on 0870 013 1420 quoting your reference to avoid our field agent having to call or email us on collections..........................

Go debt ltd

blah blah blah.

Do you think this is a response to my letter or is just another attempt at getting me to pay? They should have had my letter by now, I was expecting a thank you for your letter dated ......... this week but I get a card that had the above written on it.

i would very much suspect this is an automated card and has no bearing to any letters you have send.

std twaddle from them designed to get a response.

they can call around all they like, they have as much right to get money off you as the postman.

ignore it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Response from go regarding the letter "14 day letter before action".

"RE Direct Auto Financial Services Ltd

Current Balance £3555.01

Without Predujice

Thank you for your letter dated the 13th November 2009, the contents of which have been noted.

I can confirm that all future correspondence will be in writing. The only time we may deem it necessary to contact you by telephone would be in the event that we were not to receive a response to our written correspondence.

We do not consider that the matter is unenforceable, however would still like to reach an amicable settlement with you.

In the interest of settling the matter swiftly, we will accept a one off payment of 1,000.00GBP in full and final settlement of your liability. This is on the proviso that funds reach us on or before 30 November 2009.

Please contact me on receipt of this to discuss your preferred method of payment."

The amount has once again changed and they fail to address the issues in the letter.

says it all pete

now what was the original amount they were trying to stuff you for

how long now for the surender letter and white flag

quote from my letter

I WILL NOW SPELL THIS OUT TO YOU SO THERE CAN BE NO MISUNDERSTANDING.

I HAVE NO INTENTION OF MAKING ANY PAYMENTS ON THE ACCOUNTS TO YOU OR ANY OTHER COMPANY.

Edited by postggj

have a nose

this is what happend to welcome finance

there are another micky mouse car finance outfit

it will give you an idea about getting all your cash back

by the way

ive not lost a yes car account yet

its pure bovine excrament the agreement

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/150726-car-repossession-welcome.html

Sorry to hijack this folks, but, postggj I have been having hassle with Welcome, and had the same thing, had to have PPI for the car loan etc.

I still have the origonal agreement, could you maybe have a look?

that last letter was a put up or shut up letter

its take me to court or bog off

if they continue to demand money from you now a complaint has been done,

they are in violation of the addmin of justice act and protection from harrasment act

this is to be expected as its dying throws at some sort of salvage,

poor things, they want to get back at least what they paid for the debt

ill do a final letter and spell it out to them,

you will get the surender letter then

• 3 weeks later...

Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561)

Quote:

SCHEDULE 2

FORM OF DEFAULT NOTICE BEFORE A CREDITOR OR OWNER CAN BECOME ENTITLED, BY REASON OF ANY BREACH BY THE

DEBTOR OR HIRER OF A REGULATED AGREEEMENT, TO TERMINATE THE AGREEMENT, DEMAND EARLIER PAYMENT OF ANY

SUM, RECOVER POSSESSION OF ANY GOODS OR LAND, TREAT ANY RIGHT CONFERRED ON THE DEBTOR OR HIRER BY THE

AGREEMENT AS TERMINATED, RESTRICTED OR DEFERRED OR ENFORCE ANY SECURITY

Regulation 2(2)

Details of agreement

description of the agreement sufficient to identify it.

Parties to agreement

(1) The name and a postal address of the creditor or owner.

(2) The name and postal address of the debtor or hirer.

Details of breach of agreement and action required to remedy, or pay compensation for, the breach

A specification of:--

(a) the provision of the agreement alleged to have been breached; and

(b) the nature of the alleged breach of the agreement, specifying clearly the matters complained of; and either

© if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it and the date, being a date [not less than

fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which that action is to be taken; or

(d) if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach and

the date, being a date [not less than fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which it is to be paid.

relevant case law is this too...

DEFAULT NOTICE

Hello Post.

Hmmm, I thought it would say the arrears of the account somewhere in there Post?(it may well say it in section 3) - Not the whole amount of the account as per my DN.

OR is a default notice a notice to tell you the agreement has been breached and that you need to pay off the arrears???

And still go have not sent me anything this week. Thought I would have had something from them.